Alloy Art 👍🏼 or 👎🏼 for Rushmore’s

Started by Tommy D, September 26, 2019, 08:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bsmith153

I have the Bagger Brace on my 2004 FLHT. I looked at all of the different types and I think the Bagger Brace is the best designed. The Bike handles way better.  Just my opinion on the design be better with the bagger brace, but the better handling is from my experience since the install. Good luck with whichever one you choose.
I dont race because I think im the fastest
I race because its Fun!

Thermodyne

I run the brace on my 11 TRX, it cured the little tail wag it had developed from the extra power. 

Pretty easy install.  If you run mid frame thigh protectors, you need to modify the one on the right side. 

As for the drive cushion, not sure why you would need it.  The oem part holds up pretty damn well. 

PoorUB

I never felt a need for a stabilizer on the '09+ baggers. I have a 2016 Limited and don't notice any handling issues other than it is a 900 pound hog. I am not sure what I would gain with a stabilizer link.

I could see why someone would put on on the earlier models. My '05 had the typical rear steer in the corners, but I got used to it.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

harpwrench

I put the touring link on my '16 Limited and it feels less vague in curves, with no extra vibration. Didn't feel handling was lacking before but I rode my brother's '14 ultra before and after he installed one,  :up:

HighLiner

Installed the super cush when I went chain drive.

Tommy D

Quote from: Bsmith153 on September 27, 2019, 12:04:38 AM
I have the Bagger Brace on my 2004 FLHT. I looked at all of the different types and I think the Bagger Brace is the best designed. The Bike handles way better.  Just my opinion on the design be better with the bagger brace, but the better handling is from my experience since the install. Good luck with whichever one you choose.

Can't seem to find Bagger Brace info on the web 🤷🏼‍♂️
Acts 4:12

Ohio HD

IronButt70

No one else put you on the road you're on. It's your own asphalt.

Bsmith153

Look up a company called " Bitchin' Baggers"  i was u der the impression that after 09 Harley added another mount that helped this issue. So im. Ot sure hiw nuch of an effect it will have.  The diference on my 04 was amazing thou. 
I dont race because I think im the fastest
I race because its Fun!

scott7d

I have the frame stabilizer and cush drive on standby waiting to be installed.

I'll give a ride report after. I most definitely get some wobble on my 2013 Road King/124" at higher speeds when In curves.
Scott Matlock - Bloomington, IN
Iron Butt Rider #72408 - Facebook: The Hoosier Cruiser

Tommy D

Quote from: Bsmith153 on September 29, 2019, 08:26:58 AM
Look up a company called " Bitchin' Baggers"  i was u der the impression that after 09 Harley added another mount that helped this issue. So im. Ot sure hiw nuch of an effect it will have.  The diference on my 04 was amazing thou.

Thanks, I've heard of them before, was not aware they sold the Bagger Brace  :up:

Tommy D

Quote from: scott7d on September 29, 2019, 09:03:23 AM

I'll give a ride report after. I most definitely get some wobble on my 2013 Road King/124" at higher speeds when In curves.

Good deal, Scott
Curious to know your thoughts

boggart

I put the alloy art on my 14'.  MoneY well spent.  Handles curves better and no more 90mph wiggle.   :up: :up:

jmorton10

Bagger Brace here too, made a noticeable difference.

~John
HC 124", Dragula, Pingel air shift W/Dyna Shift Minder & onboard compressor, NOS

scott7d

Quote from: Tommy D on September 29, 2019, 09:32:14 AM
Quote from: scott7d on September 29, 2019, 09:03:23 AM

Good deal, Scott
Curious to know your thoughts

I installed the brace last night. I was able to get out for a little bit this afternoon before work, but wouldn't say I really tested the modification thoroughly as I was on a schedule.

The first thing I noticed immediately was how much less vibration there was at the handlebars. My Harley used to vibrate more than the typical Harley. Now the handlebars vibrate less than my old Kawasaki Vulcan.

I tried to hit a few roads with some curves and bumps. The bike seemed to recover quicker after bumps without really feeling more rigid, if that makes sense. When dipping down into lower RPM and coming back up, there is for a fact less overall vibration. I don't cruise at lower RPM, though. Only the occasional slow-down for whatever reason then rolling back up on the throttle.

As far as turns, I didn't get a chance to really test that aspect but can understand how it would be more stable after my ride today. Again, the best way I can describe it is an overall stiffer feel and quicker recovery without adding harshness to the ride.

My main test is going to be loaded up with the tour pack/gear and taking higher speed curves on the interstate. That is when I experience wobble. I am not going to fall victim of the placebo effect and say this brace has changed my life. But can say I like the experience so far. I will be able to ride more aggressively this coming weekend and give more details to the handling.

boggart

Quote from: scott7d on October 01, 2019, 10:53:01 AM
My main test is going to be loaded up with the tour pack/gear and taking higher speed curves on the interstate. That is when I experience wobble. I am not going to fall victim of the placebo effect and say this brace has changed my life. But can say I like the experience so far. I will be able to ride more aggressively this coming weekend and give more details to the handling.

If you have the same results on that test as me, you'll be happy.  Always before the Alloy Art stabilizer when on Interstate at cruise I would have to disable cruise to control the throttle myself in order for it to feel "right".  Now, I can leave it engaged and just keep going.  I never thought I had wobble, but putting this on sure does give the bike a much more confident and stable feel.  Good luck with your next test.

scott7d

Thanks. The closest I've ever come to having an accident so far was in a curve on the interstate loaded up with my tour pack and full saddlebags. In general the bike has never really liked any higher speed curves when loaded up. With that awareness I can now avoid it, but would be nice to cure that and just have an overall better handling bike. It really is crazy how much the idle vibration has been tamed. Feels like an M8 even with a 124" and no compensator.

Tommy D

Quote from: scott7d on October 01, 2019, 01:17:42 PM
Thanks. The closest I've ever come to having an accident so far was in a curve on the interstate loaded up with my tour pack and full saddlebags. In general the bike has never really liked any higher speed curves when loaded up. With that awareness I can now avoid it, but would be nice to cure that and just have an overall better handling bike. It really is crazy how much the idle vibration has been tamed. Feels like an M8 even with a 124" and no compensator.

Early consensus is all positive  :up:
Did you happen to install the Cush Drive yet ?

scott7d

Quote from: Tommy D on October 01, 2019, 08:03:31 PM

Not yet. The remaining parts to install my new wheels should be in this week. Hoping to have everything installed next week and I'll touch base with you.

Tommy D

Quote from: scott7d on October 01, 2019, 08:30:00 PM
Quote from: Tommy D on October 01, 2019, 08:03:31 PM

Not yet. The remaining parts to install my new wheels should be in this week. Hoping to have everything installed next week and I'll touch base with you.

:up:

FL103Dave

All of these are a waste of money.  Just saying...

scott7d

Quote from: FL103Dave on October 14, 2019, 03:46:58 PM
All of these are a waste of money.  Just saying...

Did the frame stabilizer change my life and make God appear before me? No.

Is my frame wobble gone when loaded up for long trips? Yes. Not to mention the bike does feel more cohesive under certain conditions.

Whether or not these aspects are worth 140-150 bucks to other riders, I can't be the judge of that. I know it was worth it to me for as much as I ride, and for not having plans to ever sell the bike.