April 24, 2024, 01:18:02 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Thick base gaskets, 117

Started by Don D, September 27, 2019, 02:31:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don D

I need base gaskets .050 for S&S 4.125 cylinders. Does anybody stock those or will Cometic make S&S gaskets that thick. If not I am going to be forced to custom pistons. Thanks

kd

Cometic will make the gaskets they sell in any requested thickness that they can access the material for.  It's as simple as calling them.  The best part is that they will make them at the same cost as their standard thickness offerings.  That, I suppose is within reason. 
KD

jsachs1

Quote from: kd on September 27, 2019, 02:52:13 PM
Cometic will make the gaskets they sell in any requested thickness that they can access the material for.  It's as simple as calling them.  The best part is that they will make them at the same cost as their standard thickness offerings.  That, I suppose is within reason.
:up:  :up:

Hillside Motorcycle

As long as .180" dome thickness is maintained, the piston can be faced in a lathe, to help with above-deck issues.
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

dsvracer

why not make the combustion chamber a touch bigger  ?? seems a lot easier and cheaper than chasing pistons sizes. jmo

Deye76

I had Cometic make me custom base gaskets. Didn't take long either.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

Don D

Quote from: dsvracer on September 30, 2019, 05:20:19 AM
why not make the combustion chamber a touch bigger  ?? seems a lot easier and cheaper than chasing pistons sizes. jmo
This is about a deck height adjustment. Appreciate the comment though, thanks
Was able to find some old stock KB pistons at 1.070 CH as opposed to the current 1.086. This will help. I am using KB pistons to replace S&S/Weisco with a CH of 1.050

dsvracer