April 19, 2024, 09:43:09 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Finished my 98" build

Started by Retro, September 30, 2019, 12:20:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retro

Yesterday I finished my S&S Big Bore build taking my 88 to 98 cui. Everything seems to be well, even if I've only done the heat cycling and not being able to take a ride due to heavy rain. Did complemet the kit with 585 easy start cams.

Nervous as h**l on first startup but just after a couple of seconds the engine quiet down as the oil found its ways. Grinned from ear to ear. And not a single bolt or washer was left on the bench LOL!

Just wanted to share. :SM:

Ohio HD

I run 10w30 in the bike for the five heat cycles I run the motor at, gets oil to everything faster. Then drain it and change it to 20w50 dino oil, take about a 1/4 mile down the road, bring it back, make sure all is well. Trailer it to the dyno. When it's tuned, I ride it about 100 miles, then change the oil to what ever I normally run, done.

Good luck with the 98".   :up:

kd

Please don't be impatient and ride it anywhere.  The short 1/4 mile return jaunt that Ohio refers to will confirm the  driveline and there is no leaks to prevent you from making it through a break in / tuning session.   
KD