April 25, 2024, 06:16:39 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Old model TC 5-speed capability

Started by 838, July 28, 2019, 08:31:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How much tq/hp can you reliably put to stock 00' tranny/primary components? Looking at 99-02s specifically.

doubletrouble

Not real sure how much difference there is between my 05 electra 5 spd. and the years you mentioned , but i have a real healthy 124 if front of it for about 4 years now , never a problem , no noise . Now i dont do burnouts or wheelies either , so im not trying to break it either , but ive been accused of leaving a long black streak in the opposing lane when i pass slower moving traffic , and if it breaks loose in 2nd or 3rd while making a pul l , i will make sure to take it straight to the limiter.

Pirsch Fire Wagon

The Transmission can handle it. The problem will be the Primary Drive Components. Specifically the clutch.
Tom

rhuff

Quote from: 838 on July 28, 2019, 08:31:44 AM
How much tq/hp can you reliably put to stock 00' tranny/primary components? Looking at 99-02s specifically.

Mine was a 2003, so close but no cigar.  130TQ and 120HP.  Tranny no problem. Clutch had heavier spring and alto carbonite clutch plates.  Held no problem. 

jls 64

js

Quote from: jls 64 on July 29, 2019, 09:20:56 PM
Chain or stock belt??

Undecided. I ride  very similar to post #2s description.

Quote from: rhuff on July 29, 2019, 09:04:21 PM
Quote from: 838 on July 28, 2019, 08:31:44 AM

Mine was a 2003, so close but no cigar.  130TQ and 120HP.  Tranny no problem. Clutch had heavier spring and alto carbonite clutch plates.  Held no problem.

iirc yours was an all bore 107"?

Do the compensators require attention, or mainly clutch?

tdrglide

Have a 2003, same stock compensator making 129/131. No problem. Clutch, not so much. Was told stock clutch with a Barnett heavy spring would hold but unfortunately my old left hand will not. Had to go a different route with the clutch. Trany is fine. Although I did have the main shaft bearing race walk into the seal. I was told that was a result of the extra hp. Replaced race with S&S.

IronMike113

I have run stock 5 speed with a Bandit Clutch,Behind a 131" with a stock belt and no issues,But I Don't Horse Whip on it,Like I see some dudes, I just roll on the Throttle in lower gears if you want some smoke,That is the nice Thing about Big Cubic Inch Motors,Bob over at Razorback is working on some new Parts for it as we speak 👍
2 Bikes and 2 Beemers, that's what I have been told 😳