April 20, 2024, 08:07:15 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

HealTech Quickshifter Easy

Started by Hilly13, August 09, 2019, 11:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hilly13

I put one of these on my slim S, works a treat, fully programmable via Bluetooth from an app on your phone, easy to fit and set up, hold the throttle pegged and rip through the gears, not everyone's cuppa tea but if you are looking for an interupter these are pretty decent. 1st pic is of the sensor mounted on the bike and the second a screen shot of the app with its menu. Get on it.
Cheers
Hilly
Just because its said don't make it so

jmorton10

Looks like a decent setup.

Personally, I am running a Pingel air shifter with on-board compressor which is another option.

~John
HC 124", Dragula, Pingel air shift W/Dyna Shift Minder & onboard compressor, NOS

jmorton10

Here is the Pingel electric version I ran for a # of years before I converted it to an all air setup.

~John
HC 124", Dragula, Pingel air shift W/Dyna Shift Minder & onboard compressor, NOS

72fl

Wow that Healtech is Impressive, I just watched some videos and there is barely any mods to the bike what a Simple Installation, providing you don't need to depend on Internet connectivity to keep it working. I would hate to be flyin through the gears and my phone go to the dreaded
BUFFERING :embarrassed:

Buglet

Dynojet has basically the same set up. Don't need no phone.

Barrett

Quote from: jmorton10 on August 10, 2019, 03:10:40 AM
Here is the Pingel electric version I ran for a # of years before I converted it to an all air setup.

~John

Why the switch? I was thinking about the electric one.

Hilly13

Phone is just for changing settings, don't need it again unless you want to change something, works great.
There are lots of options out there, this is another one.

pwmorris

A more modern version of the Walker Powershifter 2-
http://www.holeshot.com/shifters/ps2
I ran one for a few years and it worked well, but either of these are no match for my Pingel electric shifter...Bam, Bam, Bye, Bye......

black

Quote from: pwmorris on August 10, 2019, 02:49:42 PM
A more modern version of the Walker Powershifter 2-
http://www.holeshot.com/shifters/ps2
I ran one for a few years and it worked well, but either of these are no match for my Pingel electric shifter...Bam, Bam, Bye, Bye......
:up:
send  lawyers guns and money

Hilly13

If I was to go to the effort and expense of air or electric shifters I would hook them up so after initial take off at a preset rpm they would bang the gear without input from me, reason being if you are hitting a button when you see the shift light there is still a human delay, not as much as a foot shift but it's there, my cut out is 90ms, my shift light is not on yet but soon will be, if you set up to auto change you eliminate the human and can cut the kill time right back, I would go that way for a full on race bike but on a street bike like mine that will only be raced occasionally, it seems more than I need and this works great and can run the shift light as well if you get the special edition!
Found that out after I got this unit but the supplier is happy to exchange it for the better one for small change.
Will report back when I have it on and let you blokes know how it goes.
Cheers.

pwmorris

I do not want an auto shift engaged on the street. Too many variables such as traffic, stop and start and sudden emergency maneuvers to have my shifter go off and bang a gear at a predetermined rpm on a curve or when dealing with situations on the street. The street is not the track.
Not good.
My bike is also a street bike, with some occasional days at track, and I can adjust my kill delay as well on my Pingel. Again, my MS delay is different at the track vs. the street, based on track max effort needed.
I stand by what I said. Although you have an excellent upgrade over traditional clutch and banging gears, your foot shift set up has zero chance (I've ran both), against my bike pushing a button when I need it.

Hilly13

As long as you are happy, my bike would not come close to yours anyway, no matter what shifter I had on it  :teeth:

98fxstc

Quote from: Hilly13 on August 12, 2019, 02:30:27 PM
If I was to go to the effort and expense of air or electric shifters I would hook them up so after initial take off at a preset rpm they would bang the gear without input from me, reason being if you are hitting a button when you see the shift light there is still a human delay, not as much as a foot shift but it's there, my cut out is 90ms, my shift light is not on yet but soon will be, if you set up to auto change you eliminate the human and can cut the kill time right back, I would go that way for a full on race bike but on a street bike like mine that will only be raced occasionally, it seems more than I need and this works great and can run the shift light as well if you get the special edition!
Found that out after I got this unit but the supplier is happy to exchange it for the better one for small change.
Cheers.

tell us more about this Hilly   :smilep:

FSG

Quote from: Hilly13 on August 12, 2019, 03:09:51 PM
As long as you are happy, my bike would not come close to yours anyway, no matter what shifter I had on it  :teeth:

mine would pizzzzz on em all   :SM:     :scoot: 

Hilly13

Quote from: 98fxstc on August 12, 2019, 05:03:25 PM
Quote from: Hilly13 on August 12, 2019, 02:30:27 PM
Cheers.

tell us more about this Hilly   :smilep:

They are going to build another strip up here as part of a new motor sport complex, it's a little way off but when it's done I'm keen to have a go, won't be breaking any records Gazza but I want to have a go at it.... legally 😁

98fxstc

Quote from: Hilly13 on August 12, 2019, 08:06:09 PM
They are going to build another strip up here as part of a new motor sport complex, it's a little way off but when it's done I'm keen to have a go, won't be breaking any records Gazza but I want to have a go at it.... legally 😁

:up:
legally is good  :teeth:

Stingray

Quote from: Hilly13 on August 09, 2019, 11:46:39 PM
I put one of these on my slim S, works a treat, fully programmable via Bluetooth from an app on your phone, easy to fit and set up, hold the throttle pegged and rip through the gears, not everyone's cuppa tea but if you are looking for an interupter these are pretty decent. 1st pic is of the sensor mounted on the bike and the second a screen shot of the app with its menu. Get on it.
Cheers
Hilly

Does this need to interface with a tuner? I have PV just wondering how the wiring is done?

Hilly13

Quote from: Stingray on August 14, 2019, 05:31:58 PM
Cheers
Hilly

Does this need to interface with a tuner? I have PV just wondering how the wiring is done?
No interface, comes with a harness that plugs into your coil wiring, easy as.

Stingray

Cheers
Hilly

I'm looking at the website for these. And the picture of the unit doesn't look anything like what you have???
Where did you get yours?
Thanks

Hilly13

Quote from: Stingray on August 15, 2019, 03:33:43 PM
Cheers
Hilly

I'm looking at the website for these. And the picture of the unit doesn't look anything like what you have???
Where did you get yours?
Thanks
Got it from the bloke that put the kit together, should be available directly from Healtech shortly.

dynabagger

I have a healtech on my Super Duke 1290. Its works good. It's set up for fuel cut. I take it yours is ignition cut? I would like to put one on the Tsport but it's carbed and they don't claim it can be used for older carbed bikes. Curious why it wouldn't work by cutting the spark.?
2001 FXDXT, 117"
2014 KTM 1290 Super Duke R

Hilly13

Quote from: dynabagger on August 16, 2019, 08:17:06 PM
I have a healtech on my Super Duke 1290. Its works good. It's set up for fuel cut. I take it yours is ignition cut? I would like to put one on the Tsport but it's carbed and they don't claim it can be used for older carbed bikes. Curious why it wouldn't work by cutting the spark.?
Yep spark, will work on carbed bikes with a custom harness, can put you into the bloke to talk to if you are interested in setting it up.

ecir50

Quote from: pwmorris on August 12, 2019, 02:41:25 PM
I do not want an auto shift engaged on the street. Too many variables such as traffic, stop and start and sudden emergency maneuvers to have my shifter go off and bang a gear at a predetermined rpm on a curve or when dealing with situations on the street. The street is not the track.
Not good.
My bike is also a street bike, with some occasional days at track, and I can adjust my kill delay as well on my Pingel. Again, my MS delay is different at the track vs. the street, based on track max effort needed.
I stand by what I said. Although you have an excellent upgrade over traditional clutch and banging gears, your foot shift set up has zero chance (I've ran both), against my bike pushing a button when I need it.

pw what pointers can you give in the difference in millisecond setting between street and strip?

Stingray

I ended up ordering the Dynojet quick shift. Should be here next week. I'll post my results.

Stingray

Installed the Dynojet Quick shift finally. The part number given to me by Dynojet was not exactly correct??? Turns out it didn't cover years 2010-2016 wrong type of connectors. Called them and they sent me the correct connectors and they will be releasing the unit to include 2010-2016. Why they skipped this era of bikes IDK?

On to the install, pretty easy to do. Went for a test run and it needed to be adjusted.
Once I got that dialed, all is fantastic now!!!!

I'm used to heel shifting but the Quick Shift needs to be somewhat pre-loading the lever. It's much easier to do this with the toe lever for me. Normal shifting with using the clutch lever there is no difference than without the unit installed.
Tomorrow going out for much longer ride, should fun!