April 19, 2024, 12:06:09 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

True duels ??????

Started by Bigs, August 10, 2019, 06:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigs

How much low end torque would I lose by putting on a set of true duels with stock mufflers on my '17 Road King. I'd just like to get rid of some of the heat. I know if I remove the cat I can get rid of some of it but I was thinking true duels would get rid of more. Your thoughts and input would be appreciated.
   Bigs

Breeze

When I put true duals on my '07 FLHTC, I noticed a small loss when taking off in 1st gear. Once underway I never really noticed a low end loss. NO dyno runs, just every day riding. My right thigh DID notice a difference in stop and go riding.
I'm starting to believe my body is gonna outlast my mind.

BVHOG

Depends a bunch on what true duals you use but the reality is the cat is back far enough that changing to duals will only help if you address the root of the problem which is a lean running motor.  Pull your cat, get your bike tuned and enjoy. If this is a warranty issue for you then you need to ask yourself if you want to ride your bike at it full potential or ride a warrantied POS
If you don't have a sense of humor you probably have no sense at all.