March 28, 2024, 06:16:49 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Rushmore extended twist grip sensor

Started by guydoc77, August 13, 2019, 08:22:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guydoc77

Anyone know if there is a fully extended twist grip sensor assembly available for 2015 baggers?
Gonna do 16" bars and would prefer to not use the available HD plug in extension harnesses.
I know on the pre Rushmore bikes the all in one unit is available and I actually have one but it is different and I don't think it will work on the '15

Thanks

Guy

Coyote

It uses the same part as previous years 32305-08A so I would think the same extended one would work.

Coyote

I looked up the old part and HD does not show it fitting your bike so I guess they must have changed the connector on the lower cable assembly. I don't see anything listed that takes it's place. Might have to use the one for pre-14 bikes and change the connector on it.

guydoc77

That's what I was thinking.
The wire colors are different as well in the stock '15 twist grip harness.
I think the '16 and up are even different than the '15.
When I get it all apart again I will have to decide at that point.

Coyote

Well the p/n for the stock TGS is identical so any difference should just be the connector where it mates with the main harness. Personally, I would just use your stock one, cut it and extend it. I never like that connector in the middle either.