April 18, 2024, 11:21:43 PM

News:

Bullet Headlight Recommendations?

Started by Rusticwater, April 24, 2019, 10:15:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusticwater

2010 FXDC

I've had the Harley 5.75" bullet headlight (68593-06) since the bike was new (see photo). It's not exactly well made, the chrome scratches easily and the internal threading that holds the lense corrodes and strips easily. It also isn't rated to hold a LED headlight assembly for some reason, although I have briefly used it for that in the past.

Any recommendations for a heavy duty aftermarket bucket that preferably already comes with a plug to plug into the bike's wiring harness?

FWIW I haven't pulled the headlight harness out of the bike's neck to see if the existing plug comes apart, which would mean I could potentially reuse it on another shell...
[attach=0]
Support the Maine lobster industry

calif phil

Headwinds has always been my go to, for a high quality headlight bucket.   Also check out JW Speakers Pedastal Mount LED headlights.  Drag part number
2001-1371

Rusticwater

Thanks Phil! This is part of my LED conversion that I mentioned during our conversation the other day. I'll check it out.

Rusticwater

FWIW I came across these which are the only ones I know that are pre-wired to plug into the Harley wiring harness. These are sold under the "Lectric Lighting Co." brand and are in the Tucker V-Twin catalog. I've talked with Namz yesterday and am waiting for them to follow up on some questions I had.