April 24, 2024, 03:37:45 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Error Code B2119 after tank swap and fuel pump replacement, bike stalling

Started by niv, January 27, 2019, 06:38:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

niv

Hello,

I recently switched back to the stock tank on my 2012 FXS. Previous owner had installed a tiny sportster tank but fortunately kept the stock one and gave it along with the bike. It has been sitting around for a few years and so it seems the fuel pump quit its service and I replaced it with a product from Quantum. (btw, the guys from Quantum Fuel Systems are just awesome: super responsive, shipped my stuff at a very decent price in 3 days to Singapore. I can only highly recommend...)
After picking the bike up from the shop I rode about 30km without any noticeable problems, then the engine just shut off twice during cruising (rather regular drive, no hard accelleration or high rpms or such) and it produced the error code B2119 "Fuel Pump Overloaded". I cleared the code, nothing ever since, but I am still wary taking the bike on longer trips...
Anyone ever had similar issues/experiences? Especially after the tank and fuel pump assembly sitting around for so long unused.

Thanks already and best regards, niv