April 25, 2024, 02:24:59 AM

News:

Battery for led oil temp gauge

Started by pddredduece, February 13, 2019, 03:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pddredduece

I have the led oil dip stick gauge. Part # 62955-09A. The battery is getting weak. I need :scratch: the battery number for a new battery.

14Frisco

Instructions says: "A Dipstick Service Kit (Part No. 91800066), which includes O-rings, screws and a replacement CR 2032 battery is available for certain models"

Boe Cole

Same battery for the key fobs - 2032
We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.

Panzer

Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

Helmwurst

You actually have one that still works ???!!! I've had 2 of them and got in bad rain, first one, 1/2 the segment in the display went out. Took it back and they said , "don't get them wet", are you shittin me? After some words back and forth they gave me a replacement. I covered every time I washed the bike. Got caught in another rain storm in Arkansas, it went out too !! It is sitting on a shelf, cant read the display. Batteries are available at Wally world..

truck

Quote from: Helmwurst on February 15, 2019, 06:00:05 AM
You actually have one that still works ???!!! I've had 2 of them and got in bad rain, first one, 1/2 the segment in the display went out. Took it back and they said , "don't get them wet", are you shittin me? After some words back and forth they gave me a replacement. I covered every time I washed the bike. Got caught in another rain storm in Arkansas, it went out too !! It is sitting on a shelf, cant read the display. Batteries are available at Wally world..
I kept mine in after it stopped working because it's easier to remove than the factory rubber held one that the cap slipped off of.
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

IronMike113

It is sitting on a shelf, cant read the display. Batteries are available at Wally world..

Same here, I just ordered a regular oil temp sender and gauge and went that route,and feel much better with that reading with a baker oil Install,And no batteries to replace
2 Bikes and 2 Beemers, that's what I have been told 😳

FurryOne

Quote from: Helmwurst on February 15, 2019, 06:00:05 AM
You actually have one that still works ???!!!

I bought one for my FXSB back in 2015 and it's still on the same battery, still reading fine.  bought another one for my FLHXS in 2017, and that one works fine too!

Phu Cat

The easiest way to handle that problem is to change back to the stock dipstick.  I too wanted to keep an eye on the oil temp of my first Harley but realized as long as I'm moving the engine gets sufficient cooling.  If yer still worried, switch to synthetic oil.  Unless you do a lot of idling you're worried about something that's not a problem.  Otherwise, stock HD engines don't make enough HP to worry about the oil being a problem, just change it regularly.  If you're paying a dealer to change your oil have a trusted friend show you how to change it yourself.  It's easy and you'll be glad you did.

PC
Too much horsepower is almost enough.

louloupa

With mine , the temperature works well, but the level not .  :idunno: