April 26, 2024, 02:31:33 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Wide Front Wheel Kits

Started by Skin, February 15, 2019, 03:31:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skin

Anybody run one and how do they handle? A Friend wants to put one on his RG and asked if I had any info. I've not done one and I haven't even looked into cost for him yet.

92flhtcu

Rode several, 18 x 5.5 front, dont let him go any bigger as some guys are now doing a wide 21 and 23, which totally defeats the purpose
The ones I have ridden were great. Native Customs has the kit
Need a bigger garage

HighLiner

Native Customs was the innovater!

thirdjld

https://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php?topic=106624.0   

This has some info on it. Member BigZed runs a 180 front tire I believe, hopefully he'll chime in.
It is not the critic who counts;The credit goes to the man who is in the arena

Skin

I saw the Native Custom kit yesterday on a bike in the Arlen Ness booth at the Drag Specialties Show in Louisville yesterday. Talked to Cory about it and I like the setup. Looks simple enough and the price isn't bad either for what it is. Thanks Guys for the tip.

biggzed

I've been running a 180/55/18 front and rear using the Native Customs since May 2013. They ride and handle excellent in my experience. The Native parts fit flawlessly. His fenders need very little prep and are really stout. Paul is a great guy to deal with.

My bike is running 11" Pro-Action shocks in the rear and Progressive Monotubes with the 2" lowering kit in front. It's LOW. Handling is sacrificed as a result. That is not a flaw of the Native kit, but a choice I made in the suspension set-up. I like the low look, the ride is still good with the shocks and for kit and I don't ride balls out in the curves, so it suits me just fine.

If you have specific questions, post them up. I'm happy to answer anything I have experience with regarding the 180 front kits.

Zach

cbumdumb

biggzed

Thanks. It's been through a bunch of different changes/looks. I think I've finally settled on the final product. It's a great combination for short rides as well as longer distance. Here it is over Labor Day weekend on the Nor Cal coast. Did about 1000 miles over the weekend.

Zach

HighLiner

Is that Native's EZ kit or the full blown one?

biggzed

That's the EZ kit. My bike is an 07.

Zach

IronMike113

Nice looking, I think exile bikes did the fat tire kits also, I like the Look,,,,, :up:
2 Bikes and 2 Beemers, that's what I have been told 😳

72fl

There was a young man 10+ years ago that built his own I would call it a bar hopper stripped down bike with a FAT tire Springer front end, It was cool looking, Fat and Low to the ground, he done his with WIDE tree's he machined, and built from there. He didn't want to talk much about it as I remember, probably thought he was only one that could do it. Never took any photos of it, as it never seemed like it was finished to me. But he was/is a different character and that is the first bike I seen with a wide front tire and NO paint on the sheet metal. Innovator  :idunno:

biggzed

Native does make a Pro Kit that uses slightly wider trees. It's for guys that don't want to run the notched fender and cut cow bells. There's a couple of options Native offers, some dependent on the year of bike being used.

Zach