April 23, 2024, 02:47:03 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Reoccurring intake leak. Help please gentlemen

Started by misfitJason, August 28, 2017, 08:38:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kd

I think you'll find that from the left side you are getting spray bypassing the manifold and entering the intake throat.  you will have to protect the throttle body from picking up the over-spray.
KD

Don D

Which brings me back to suspecting there is no leak present.

DrSpencer

Quote from: kd on August 10, 2019, 06:28:30 AM
I think you'll find that from the left side you are getting spray bypassing the manifold and entering the intake throat.  you will have to protect the throttle body from picking up the over-spray.

Would putting the air filter element back on offer enough protection to the throttle body to give a definitive answer as to whether I have a leak or not?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

86fxwg

Quote from: DrSpencer on August 10, 2019, 09:07:49 AM

Would putting the air filter element back on offer enough protection to the throttle body to give a definitive answer as to whether I have a leak or not?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks
The idea of a piece of PVC pipe I like!
I like a smoke machine to find leaks but not everyones got one.
On old cars we use 0/20 oil to find leaks. They start running better cause it seals the leak,then starts the blue smoke thing!
Other than a little messy on a bike not sure why it wouldnt work! Nothing a piece of pig mat woudnt take care of stuffed between the V.

86fxwg 06flhx 10flhx

86fxwg

An idea. Why couldn't a guy add UV dye to a squirt can of oil dribble oil around the flange clean it off real well remove the intake & see if there's a trace of dye in the intake track.
86fxwg 06flhx 10flhx

Hossamania

Quote from: DrSpencer on August 10, 2019, 09:07:49 AM

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

The air filter might help filter out the overspray. When spraying, try and get it to come out in a dribble with a spray tube to put it right where you want it, try to cut down on overspray. Perhaps even make a cardboard "guard" to prevent overspray from getting around to the front of the intake.

Quote from: HD Street Performance on August 10, 2019, 07:02:12 AM
Which brings me back to suspecting there is no leak present.

My thought also.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.