April 23, 2024, 07:16:58 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Dyna 2-1 exhaust options.

Started by 838, May 23, 2019, 03:44:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What are some good 120/120+ capable 2-1 pipes options for dynas?

I'm not at all  savvy with dyna exhaust systems...

jrchilds

Bassani makes good pipes, and look good too.
Jack

98fxstc

joe_lyons

Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion 816-425-4901

jrgreene1968

Fat cat, or if u like the looks of 2-2, Bassani pro streets

FXDBI

cdonis

Any one of the one's mentioned , I like all the "cat" pipes from d&d.  Pick your favorite look and they will all work.

calgary56

May 24, 2019, 12:22:10 PM #7 Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 04:46:07 PM by calgary56
I've had Thunderheader, Bassani Road Rage, and Bassani B1 exhausts on my 2005 Dyna Wide Glide running an S&S 111" engine.

Ran a Thunderheader when I had a 95", loved it, workmanship not the absolute best, but I liked it. Bracket and pipe were cracked when I got the 111", wanted to stay BLACK and 2-1 so went with a Bassani Road Rage, seems it didn't like the exhaust pressure I guess, as it blew out the baffles (took 6 months), Bassani B1 looked OK, made an extra 8 hp over the Road Rage, but sat higher, so saddle bags had to be modified (looked like crap), plus the brackets broke (3 in 18 months) more often than the Thunderheader. .... So, I'm back to running a Thunderheader, although I have not had it on the Dyno with this exhaust.

I'm looking at the RedThunder Stainless Steel copy of the Thunderheader, if I could find a reliable source to get one from.

Things to think about !!!
Live Long, ... Out Ride the Reaper !

Mirrmu

I find the pro-pipe to be a great pipe. Can get them second hand for absolute bargain prices.

The only thing that annoys me with the longer 2-1's is they block access to the axle nut.

rredneckn2

Quote from: Mirrmu on May 25, 2019, 06:06:40 PM
I find the pro-pipe to be a great pipe. Can get them second hand for absolute bargain prices.

The only thing that annoys me with the longer 2-1's is they block access to the axle nut.
If they block the axle pull the shock bolts and jack it up
If you don't like what I say DONT read it

Mirrmu

sorry meant pulling the axle. i find only way is to actually get wheel up into the fender

dynabagger

2001 FXDXT, 117"
2014 KTM 1290 Super Duke R

rredneckn2

RB racing lsr They fit well and sound awesome. Just get a chrome one. This ceramic coated one lives outside 24/7 got a little crusty.
If you don't like what I say DONT read it

boooby1744

Quote from: rredneckn2 on May 26, 2019, 11:52:07 AM
RB racing lsr They fit well and sound awesome. Just get a chrome one. This ceramic coated one lives outside 24/7 got a little crusty.
I'd go with the Spyder instead of th lsr.

fatbobber

I have the RB racing LSR 2 into 1 for a couple of years now, great pipe , fits perfectly ,awesome performance  but quite loud .

If going the d&d route, at what point would it be time to start thinking borezilla?

sixxfoot

I'm with mr Lyons on this one .....E Pipe
The bottle ain't the blame ....it just lets you ...Mike Cooley DBT

itsafatboy

I run the dyna boarzilla on my fatboy 116" fits better than the softail version , works great I got the quiet baffle and its not quiet at all . 

C-Cat

Quote from: dynabagger on May 26, 2019, 10:03:33 AM
SPF = Steve's precision fab
I ran Boarzilla on my Dyna and it seemed to to bottle neck at 143hp. Going to try this SPF and see how it goes. Just waiting on a few pieces to finish the puzzle.
124ci. 07 Streetbob 161/145
110ci. '11 Roadglide  129/127

greenshovel0014

supertrapp super meg 2-1 adjust ability that no other pipe has. you can tune your bike with seat of the pants dyno by adding/removing discs. all other pipes you are stuck with a obnoxious pipe that makes no low end power.

FXDBI

Quote from: greenshovel0014 on July 21, 2019, 05:12:55 PM
supertrapp super meg 2-1 adjust ability that no other pipe has. you can tune your bike with seat of the pants dyno by adding/removing discs. all other pipes you are stuck with a obnoxious pipe that makes no low end power.

Fuel Moto E-Pipe works and sounds better than a trap and is proven to support 150hp.  Bob

98fxstc

Quote from: 838 on May 31, 2019, 09:18:51 AM
If going the d&d route, at what point would it be time to start thinking borezilla?

I have the FatCat on my 110 Fatbob
I believed the Boarzilla was probaby too much pipe for the 110 but have since been told it would have picked up the bottom end a bit

https://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php?topic=85877.0

I also have a Supertrap, happy to leave it in the box.
The E- Series might be a great pipe in the hands of the right Tuner
I'm sure Jamie and Joe Lyons would get the most out of them
But not all Tuners have the ability that these guys have and there are a few stories on this site about the time required to play with the discs.
D&D is a surer bet

SB107

Quote from: C-Cat on June 24, 2019, 10:23:12 AM
Quote from: dynabagger on May 26, 2019, 10:03:33 AM
SPF = Steve's precision fab
I ran Boarzilla on my Dyna and it seemed to to bottle neck at 143hp. Going to try this SPF and see how it goes. Just waiting on a few pieces to finish the puzzle.

How does one get ahold of SPF for a pipe?
Mutant Motors 124"
161/148 STD, 158/145 SAE

Rsw

+1 on SPF have one on my Street Glide. Look him up on Facebook

C-Cat

Steve's Precision Fabrication
124ci. 07 Streetbob 161/145
110ci. '11 Roadglide  129/127