April 25, 2024, 09:35:49 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

96ci stalls randomly

Started by 07BlackDyna, July 25, 2019, 08:08:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

07BlackDyna

Hey Guys im looking for a little guidance, i have a 07 Dyna and with a stage one intake and exhaust tuned with V&H FP3.  everything has been running fine for a while but recently when coming to a stop it will randomly stall. I have pinpointed when it will stall because on decel it will pop  (normally decels smooth). i have also noticed that it seems to happen if there is a large temp change during the ride. yesterday it was 80's when i took the bike to the destination it ran great on the way home it was low 70's and it stalled at a light. last week also super hot and humid and it stalled it always starts back up and its not every time i ride, i cleaned the IAC the last time this happened and it didnt seem to work.  would a Bad temp sensor cause this symptom? or do you think the IAC is the problem     Thanks for your help

Armin

It appears to be a lean mixture at idle status which would also cause the decel pop as it is a closed throttle condition as well. the idle AFR is gradually leaned out with rising engine temperature so you might try to adjust idle AFR with the V&H FP3 to correct this. As a first step I would try to run the original map without the FP3 influence and if it improved you have isolated the culprit.

Armin.
Nothing can ruin a Man's day faster than an Almost-Takeoff!

FXDBI

Get a real tuning device and properly tune it.  Bob

07BlackDyna