April 18, 2024, 10:49:34 PM

News:

Sta-Bo

Started by Deye76, March 29, 2019, 04:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deye76

Anyone try these in their swing arm? Any advice?
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

guido4198

FWIW:
When these first hit the market, I considered them for a while for my 1985 FXR. Upon doing some research, including talking to folks who had some experience with them it became apparent that they do a good job of stiffening the ride for people who want to achieve the best handling characteristics but at a cost of more felt vibration/road feel, which some riders prefer to minimize.
I'm one of the latter so I decided to stay away from them. As I said...this was all back when they hit the market. That may or may not still be the case, but it gives you a place to start.

Rsw

Put them in a friends 97 bagger really worked well . Didn't notice and more vibration

tdrglide

I have them in my 92 fxr. Delrin bushings. Maybe 10,000mi. so far. I don't feel any excess vibration. Bike seems pretty smooth vibration wise and handles very well.  But I don't have a fxr with stock cleve blocks to compare back to back.  How long will they last? We'll see. So far so good.

Tommy D

Quote from: Deye76 on March 29, 2019, 04:32:10 PM
Anyone try these in their swing arm? Any advice?

Compatible on a Rushmore frame ?
Acts 4:12

Deye76

Quote from: tdrglide on March 30, 2019, 07:29:00 AM
I have them in my 92 fxr. Delrin bushings. Maybe 10,000mi. so far. I don't feel any excess vibration. Bike seems pretty smooth vibration wise and handles very well.  But I don't have a fxr with stock cleve blocks to compare back to back.  How long will they last? We'll see. So far so good.

Handle good in the sweepers?

tdrglide

Yes, I think it handles pretty good in the sweepers. Also using 13" progressive 444 shocks in the rear. Tracks true thru the turns. Also Progressive springs and gold valves up front. So far I'm happy with the Sta-Bo system. My only concern is that it might loosen up over time but so far has not at all. Again, I don't feel any excess engine vibration over normal.

Deye76

Thanks for the insight. I have race tech stuff in my front forks, but my rear shocks probably need to be better. Hagon's, the cheap ones. Good at first, couple years later, not so much. The cost of rear shocks lately is staggering.

Paniolo

I put them on my '01 Ultra. Yes there were vibrations, but they went away after 500 miles. Liked the product.
Life can only be lived in the present moment.

RedFXR2

I have (only) the Sta-Bo II parts on my FXR2.  My swingarm still has the stock cleveblocks and even though I had never noticed any "looseness" back there, the Sta-Bo parts made a noticeable difference.  Very slight, understand, but still noticeable in terms of straight tracking and a bit more stability in turns.