April 19, 2024, 05:21:51 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Primary Chain

Started by Deye76, June 18, 2019, 04:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deye76

Anyone have experience good or bad with a Diamond primary chain? Since RK discontinued them, not much choice. Back in my Shovelhead days Diamond final drive chains sucked.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

JW113

No, but the HD chains seem good, and they're still available at a reasonable price.

-JW
2004 FLHRS   1977 FLH Shovelhead  1992 FLSTC
1945 Indian Chief   1978 XL Bobber

Mule

Ohio HD

Deye76

Quote from: JW113 on June 18, 2019, 06:20:14 PM
No, but the HD chains seem good, and they're still available at a reasonable price.

-JW

That's what I went with. Have had good service from them.

turboprop

I think Regina private labels for Drag Specialty and James Simonelli at Twin Power is reselling a high quality chain that is made in Japan. I know several 180hp baggers that are running the TP chain. Neither of the owners have said anything negative about the primary chain.
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

Deye76

I went with the HD one, which I thought was a Regina. didn't know Twin Power had a good one. From Japan, could be a RK, maybe ?

thumper 823

T Bone shot here...new compensators are expensive .
Oil is expensive.
An HD clutch sucks.
A BDL set up sheds 22 lbs of weight,
gets rid of a HD clutch and provides a really great one.
And no oil.

Was the best choice I ever made.(instead of yet another chain, sprocket and comp.)
D Troop 3/5, - C/16 ,162AHC, Mekong delta.
Rising from the Ashes  UHIH

bobrk1

Tsubaki, ran them on my shovel  and  iron head  took  for  a  ride  to  stretch  and  readjusted  and  didn't  have  to  touch  for  a  while  all the  drag racers  use them 

turboprop

Quote from: bobrk1 on August 23, 2019, 04:25:37 AM
Tsubaki, ran them on my shovel  and  iron head  took  for  a  ride  to  stretch  and  readjusted  and  didn't  have  to  touch  for  a  while  all the  drag racers  use them

Scroll down. Has already been posted that they are no longer available.
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

pwmorris

A primary chain can last a ton of miles or a weekend.
It can handle a bunch of HP, or stretch and be junk with only 100.
It's ALL how the power is applied.
I've had primary chains stand up on their own after a hard weekend, and some that lasted more than a year or more with zero issues under normal roll on, cruzin' driving situations (with occasional hammer time stuff of course)....
They cost what 70-100 bucks?
It's maintenance (spark plugs, etc).........know your riding style, know your parts, and do regular inspections.

Call John at Bandit for a chain.