April 19, 2024, 02:03:08 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Code 1019

Started by mrmike, June 14, 2019, 01:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrmike

2014 CVO Limited 110

We're up in Laconia and my buddies bike shows an engine code so we stop and take a look, a few drops of coolant underneath but the reservoir is full so we ride on to the race track.

While there he checks with a HD tech and they show him how to clear the code, on the ride back to the cabin it throws the code again and it seems the fan doesn't seem to be running.

So any ideas out there and is it a bad idea to run it like this?

Thanks Mike

I'm not leaving til I have a good time

Jim Bronson

There should be a letter preceding the numerical code.
Going down that long, lonesome highway. Gonna live life my way.

rigidthumper

Once the bike is cooled off, pull the front lower cover off, and locate the water pump. Place your hand on the water pump.
Bike off, run/stop switch in run position, key on, Have your buddy open & hold the throttle WFO for 15-20 seconds, then release.
You should hear the fans come on, and feel the pump for vibrations ( indicating the pump is working) . It's subtle, because the fans create their own vibration that can be felt at the pump. He can activate/deactivate the fans by repeating the "hold throttle WFO for 15-20 seconds", which will give you a better feel if the vibrations felt are pump turning or fans running.
I'd bet the pump has failed.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

doctorevil

Ridgid is the pump always on or is it on a thermal switch for cold starts?

rigidthumper

Pump is controlled by the ECM.  Temp and speed play into the settings, but the ECM is the controller.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

doctorevil