March 29, 2024, 04:27:27 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Harley Streetfighter 975

Started by turboprop, July 09, 2019, 07:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turboprop

I like it.

Water-cooled. Showa inverted forks. Brembo Mono Blocks.

The rectangular headlight is gay, so are the various fairings seen in the video. As usual, Indian beat harley to the playing field.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSHLRwhgTjE&fbclid=IwAR09JiifVXACCqAzQWhweGFi3Q5fQaCqmpPkDva6acRkVFaxImx2MeQD7rk
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

Shoreglide

I've been waiting to see how this would turn out. The headlights are definitely fugly. Wondering what these things are going to weigh...hopefully something short of 500 lbs.
You're right about Indian beating them to the punch.

rbabos

Unfortunately each of these bikes are playing catch up to other existing brands . Weight and costs will decide success but we know HD's weight too much and cost too much compared to the competition. The name HD doesn't carry the weight it use to for sales. Being great at it's intended goal and affordable does.
Ron

SixShooter14

Quote from: rbabos on July 10, 2019, 07:57:17 AM
Unfortunately each of these bikes are playing catch up to other existing brands . Weight and costs will decide success but we know HD's weight too much and cost too much compared to the competition. The name HD doesn't carry the weight it use to for sales. Being great at it's intended goal and affordable does.
Ron
:agree:

Same goes for the Livewire, and pretty much anything else 'new' that HD wants to release. Folks are willing to pay more for the HD name if it comes with something tangible in the respective category. But if it's more/less on par with other brands. Then it'd better be priced, spec'd, and BUILT competitively.
'97 Road King, Rinehart True Dual, HSR42, 10:1, EVL3010, 2000i

biggzed

I got a chance to ride the Indian FTR last weekend. What a wonderful motorcycle. Power, brakes, suspension and a really nice looking package. A little out of price range for a second bike, but that's a me problem. It's worth the money IMO.

Zach

IronButt70

Quote from: biggzed on July 10, 2019, 09:25:48 AM
I got a chance to ride the Indian FTR last weekend. What a wonderful motorcycle. Power, brakes, suspension and a really nice looking package. A little out of price range for a second bike, but that's a me problem. It's worth the money IMO.

Zach
I have also test ridden one and I agree that it checks all the boxes but 2 for me. #1 Can't get past that fugly exhaust. #2 I wouldn't own anything built by Polaris if you gave it to me. JMHO
No one else put you on the road you're on. It's your own asphalt.

biggzed

I rode the S model that had the Akropovic exhaust. I think it looks a lot better than the other version. Sounds really good too.

Zach

Quote from: IronButt70 on July 10, 2019, 11:58:49 AM
Quote from: biggzed on July 10, 2019, 09:25:48 AM

Zach
I have also test ridden one and I agree that it checks all the boxes but 2 for me. #1 Can't get past that fugly exhaust. #2 I wouldn't own anything built by Polaris if you gave it to me. JMHO

sfmichael

I like it. I'm surprised it's only a liter bike when the Indian 1200 seems to be it's direct competition but either way looks like a fun bike  :bike:
Colorado Springs, CO.

Rockout Rocker Products

Quote from: sfmichael on July 10, 2019, 03:10:50 PM
I like it. I'm surprised it's only a liter bike when the Indian 1200 seems to be it's direct competition but either way looks like a fun bike  :bike:

C'mon man.... we're talking Harley here. SE 1200 stage 9 drop in kit $4,000 (Requires Harley tuner and dealer download)  :wink:
www.rockout.biz Stop the top end TAPPING!!

sfmichael

Quote from: Rockout Rocker Products on July 10, 2019, 06:44:59 PM
Quote from: sfmichael on July 10, 2019, 03:10:50 PM

C'mon man.... we're talking Harley here. SE 1200 stage 9 drop in kit $4,000 (Requires Harley tuner and dealer download)  :wink:

ah yes, forgot where I was for a second... :wink:
Colorado Springs, CO.