March 28, 2024, 06:38:50 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

2010 cvo ultra locked out by security

Started by A_P, April 17, 2019, 03:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A_P

I am working on 2010 cvo ultra ,basically stripped down to a street glide @ brothers request !! I bumped up the engine with higher compression ,cams, exhaust ,bla bla, ,was trying to finish up stereo amp so we could do data logs for tuning . I started having problems with the radio an speedo n tach faces flashing when I turned the ign off.after noticing that this only happened when the remote wire to radio was connected ,I disconnected the remote wire an then started getting flashing turn signals after ign is turned off , an then it seem as if the fob is no longer married to bike . ign on but wont turn over , ive replaced the 9v in security ,an battery in fob an only get flashing of turn signals .I was told that it locked me out of ign ,any suggestions or answers would be appreciated

Hossamania

Unlock it manually. The process is in the owners manual. You will need the security code, may be written in the manual.
Also, try moving the bike about 15 feet to a new spot, there have been instances where RF interference causes issues. Long shot there though.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take away everything you have.

A_P

thnx for input Hossamania manually worked once I got a new code going .