March 28, 2024, 03:57:42 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

143 Version 2.0

Started by HD/Wrench, April 10, 2018, 08:22:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turboprop

Quote from: GMR-PERFORMANCE on April 13, 2018, 10:56:36 AM
Well I have seen one that did it .. Not sure but I am willing to give it a try  :wink:

I have personally seen 200h through a D intake but it had considerable welding on its exterior. Not sure how throttle bodies compare. Have seen >200hp through a set of D carbs on a cross ram manifold, but this was an older AHDRA pro stock bike.
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

HD/Wrench

Gary Williams had one listed that was over 200  It might have been in STD though .. Not sure.  Terry told me it was the pistons I have with a bit less comp ratio 640 cams ?? Not sure if it had head work ..  We will do our own thing and see how it goes. If we make the power great if not well that is fine also.. have to have a goal why not make it 200 Nice round number  :up:

1workinman

:koolaid3: :agree: Look forward to what ever it does and what I like about the 640 is smooth power . But at this compression ratio , I think it will have a slight attitude lol 

build it

GMR,

Have you used these pistons before? How'd they tune?
Get the principles down first, they'll never change.

HD/Wrench

I have not used them before so cannot say .  Been deep in a few dozen other projects . will be back on this ASAP . TQ plates is the issue right now for the bore and Hone  Massive bore with spread pattern .

08flstf

Any updates? Been watching this thread, very interesting.

HD/Wrench

cylinders in process I have started working on the heads . been pretty busy  with tune after tune , and builds . Working on it .

No Cents

it sounds like you need some help around the shop.
Being busy is a good thing...but you still need to have some Steve time.  :wink:
08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

HD/Wrench

YES I need your help for sure come on down for a vacation I am sure your yard work will be there when you get back HA HA

No Cents

:hyst:   ...you don't need my help. I'd be in the way more than anything.

springer82

Quote from: No Cents on May 10, 2018, 01:05:47 PM
    :hyst:   ...you don't need my help. I'd be in the way more than anything.

Ray it sure would be fun being in the way for that project!!! lol

groundhog143

HD/Wrench

Not at this point , Its a side project per say.  Plates are done so now it can be bored and honed. Heads are close to being done  port wise then its on to checking clearance with the new pistons , reset of springs . Still have to pull the front end and swap out the raked tree kit . etc  Fair amount still left

HighLiner

How many sets of pistons did you have to buy for a custom order?

HD/Wrench

So I know its been a long time , Slammed busy and the bike is a side project as well its back up ad running . had some clutch issues , made a few changes new fibers and smoked it in 3 pulls . New Scorpion lock up with custom made tungsten weights will be the solution .  Clutch graph was rough for sure it never really locked up any where . Current item that is getting removed is a Primo with lock up .
Thus far 180 +HP with clutch slipping through out the entire pull . Where it will it stop ?? no idea  once new clutch is in back to tuning this monster . Very happy so far

The biggest thing as far as how it runs is how smooth it is down low.  This new set up far exceeded what I had hoped for . 

1workinman

April 09, 2019, 04:49:49 PM #40 Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 06:20:42 PM by 1workinman
 Yea I appreciate the hard work . Should be a hoot to ride . A lot of torque and not lay over.  I wanted a hot rod bagger and this  will get the job done . Smooth power is a plus for sure , I was not fond of the 635 camshaft

groundhog143

Quote from: GMR-PERFORMANCE on April 09, 2019, 12:09:38 PM
So I know its been a long time , Slammed busy and the bike is a side project as well its back up ad running . had some clutch issues , made a few changes new fibers and smoked it in 3 pulls . New Scorpion lock up with custom made tungsten weights will be the solution .  Clutch graph was rough for sure it never really locked up any where . Current item that is getting removed is a Primo with lock up .
Thus far 180 +HP with clutch slipping through out the entire pull . Where it will it stop ?? no idea  once new clutch is in back to tuning this monster . Very happy so far

The biggest thing as far as how it runs is how smooth it is down low.  This new set up far exceeded what I had hoped for .
:pop:

sfmichael

Colorado Springs, CO.

HD/Wrench

Well we had crap weather with major lighting so I refuse to tune then as it has cost me too  much money in the past . Other bikes on the calendar , so it will get in this week .
thus far  great increase over where it started at . Should turn out very nice  :up: :up:
dynorunShare_0 by GMR Performance, on Flickr

dynorunShare_0.png1 by GMR Performance, on Flickr

https://www.facebook.com/559176144113934/photos/a.588558407842374/2361651337199730/?type=3&theater

kd

Better be careful in the rain with that one.   :up:
KD

1workinman

Quote from: kd on April 15, 2019, 12:49:37 PM
Better be careful in the rain with that one.   :up:
Yea probably so but one thing that will help now is the smooth linear power that just keeps pulling . Right now its hard on clutches but Steve will sort that out . Replaced the shot compensator and fixings another problem . Glad Steve is sorting the problems out . Should be a fun ride 

No Cents

that has got some serious power for a NA engine that is built for the street.  :up:
I can see it using at least two new rear tires in a riding season.  :wink:
Have fun with it.

HD/Wrench

Quote from: No Cents on April 16, 2019, 07:15:45 AM
    that has got some serious power for a NA engine that is built for the street.  :up:
I can see it using at least two new rear tires in a riding season.  :wink:
Have fun with it.

Funny I was looking at the crate 143 I did with the same pipe and this one is still make more power down low and sooner as well .   We are swapping the TB out as well  the  S&S  that is currently on it has had a issue since we got the bike its leaking air badly around the blade .  So the IAC count is way off and it will not 100% target the desired RPM at idle .  It is called a correlation error the Count is at Zero but the plate is in fact still slightly open ,  All good just one last thing to correct . So for the time being back at a stand still

Speaking HPI they told me they see this all the time  with the S&S , so its getting a HPI 68 to replace the 70 , as well based on what I was told there will be no loss of Hp and more efficient mid range .. as if this thing needs more power in the mid range  :hyst: :hyst:

Durwood

Maybe the 68mm HPI will be at home on that big bullet. I tried one on a 124 and it was too big.

HD/Wrench

Quote from: Durwood on April 16, 2019, 11:18:00 AM
Maybe the 68mm HPI will be at home on that big bullet. I tried one on a 124 and it was too big.

I am sure that it will work out very well on this Bullet .