April 19, 2024, 11:29:13 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Your opinion on andrews 26 cams

Started by clap, March 04, 2019, 02:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clap

FSG

I've done quite a few low $$$ builds on early TCs 88 inchers using just cleaned up 06 heads, .030" cometic gaskets and the 26 cams.  All were fun rides.

I always checked cams for clearance, even bolt ins, a few wraps of electrical tape over the lobes before a quick check in the case.

clap

FSG

do one cam at a time

measure the cam then wrap the cam lobe width multiple wraps of electrical tape and then measure again to determine how much you've added to the cam lobe 

insert the cam plate and cams into the cam chest and see if the cam rotates freely, if not clearance is required,
put tape on the other cam and repeat.

FSG

this is NOT a 06 cam chest, it's an 02 but it indicates where clearance needs to be checked

clap

oh ok. I was thinking I had to worry about valves and piston.

clap

Got bike done today. Installed Andrews 21 cams , new lifters , adjustable push rods,both inner and outer bearings and a baisley spring and new plunger both primary and secondary shoes. My TC 88 was a dog but does it ever pull now. I am very happy.And while waiting on parts I built an 8 ton press to do my cams and bearings. Thanks for all you guys advice