April 24, 2024, 11:36:11 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

2000 softail primary oil level

Started by barny7655, April 22, 2019, 04:53:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barny7655

deuce 2000, had a brain fart ,pic of the oil level through primary cover be nice ,or to the clutch basket with bike level ,as some take plus or minus to get to the right level , using redline oil MTL 75/80, thanks
riding since 62, BSA bantum the first bike

PoorUB

Someone will chime in he with the proper ounces, but with it sitting level, fill until the lube hits the clutch basket. Probably less than the factory recommendation, but plenty.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

jamminhd2000

26oz or bottom of diaphragm spring with bike upright and level....Jimmy

koko3052

If you can't see in there just bump the starter & if it splashes......all good👍

barny7655

04 SE Deuce

24-26oz primary,  22-24oz transmission, per manual.

jmorton10

I think part of it has to do with the clutch you are running.

I recently had the primary apart swapping the rear belt for a chain (2007 Roadking).  My Bandit Sportsman clutch said to run 14 ounces of oil.

I had never run that little before, but decided to give it a shot & measured out exactly 14 ounces of Redline MTL (I have run that lube for years).

So far, it seems to be working just fine (& I am not running a compensator so that is one less thing to worry about)

~John
HC 124", Dragula, Pingel air shift W/Dyna Shift Minder & onboard compressor, NOS

barny7655

mine is all STD ,thanks for the calls , its just had a brain fart , but recall as soon as a few chimed in , cheers