April 17, 2024, 08:05:04 PM

News:

SE tuner on stock M8?

Started by Xyzzy, July 07, 2019, 07:12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xyzzy

I recently bought a 2019 RK with a 107 M8.

I don't want to void the warranty with an aftermarket tuner. I have no plans to do any engine mods. (I have other bikes to hot rod.)

I thought about getting the SE tuner and flashing the stage 1 tune onto the stock bike.

1 - A little more fuel to partially solve the lean stock map?
2 - The SE 950 RPM idle would be easier to deal with in stop+go traffic versus the stock 850 RPM.
3 - The tuner won't void the warranty.

What do you think? (PS - the cost for the SE tuner isn't a big deal to me.)

rigidthumper

Make sure the selling dealer documents the Street Tuner on your SWR, so there's no possible warranty issue.

As far as adjustments, the SE unit is very limited. No AFR adjustment, minimal VE & timing adjustment, and I do not see where there is any idle speed adjustment, so where ever they set it, is what you get.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

HV

We do a lot of SE tuners on the M8s......its all you have to chose from....even a stage 1 map is lean is spots and can not be fixed due to the peramaters they have imposed ....adding any aftermarker pips will make the tune all but useless so stay away from that......there is one way to help low end off throttle issues .....but few if any know about it lol
HV HTT Admin ..Ride Safe ...But Ride informed with HTT !!
Skype HV.HTT

Xyzzy

Quote from: HV on July 08, 2019, 01:29:28 PM
We do a lot of SE tuners on the M8s......its all you have to chose from....even a stage 1 map is lean is spots and can not be fixed due to the peramaters they have imposed ....adding any aftermarker pips will make the tune all but useless so stay away from that......

Will the (small) additional fuel make a any difference on a totally stock bike?

Quote from: HV on July 08, 2019, 01:29:28 PMthere is one way to help low end off throttle issues .....but few if any know about it lol

Are you willing to share the secret?

:smilep:

BVHOG

We do a lot of SE tuners on the M8s......its all you have to chose from....even a stage 1 map is lean is spots and can not be fixed due to the peramaters they have imposed ....adding any aftermarker pips will make the tune all but useless so stay away from that......there is one way to help low end off throttle issues .....but few if any know about it lol
OK, so I'll bite, Off throttle issues? haven't had any while tuning so apparently I must already know a secret I don't know about, lol
If you don't have a sense of humor you probably have no sense at all.

Xyzzy

The stock 850 RPM idle tends to hunt +- 150 RPM, so sometimes when you take off the bike stumbles a bit.

The SE maps raise the idle to 950 and it is very stable.

FWIW, my clutch switch is fine.

I have no way of viewing the changes from the stock calibration to the SE stage 1 calibration but I suspect they are not very much different.

HV

Quote from: BVHOG on July 12, 2019, 08:27:35 AM
OK, so I'll bite, Off throttle issues? haven't had any while tuning so apparently I must already know a secret I don't know about, lol

If it aint broke ya dont need to fix it  :SM:
HV HTT Admin ..Ride Safe ...But Ride informed with HTT !!
Skype HV.HTT