March 28, 2024, 02:34:18 PM

News:

performance upgrade

Started by 1stop, November 27, 2018, 12:09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1stop

need suggestions on motor upgrades please. have around $4000 budget. thanks

rbabos

November 27, 2018, 01:30:51 PM #1 Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 04:54:19 PM by rbabos

deleted.

rigidthumper

If you can do your own labor, and find a destroyer kit, those made decent power.
Trask Turbo kits do too, but they're more $
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Timinator

SE Cams, port heads, add destroyer size valves, 5 angle valve job, Destroyer throttle body(heads MUST be ported, as intake entrance is sized to the smaller, stock throttle body and the gains will be small if the port entrance is not opened up,) good, large 2 into 1 header, and most importantly, a Thunder-Max self tuning computer. In order of importance: T-Max, header, cams, all of the head work, and throttle body.
If you are over 200 lbs. or so, a smaller countershaft sprocket will help, especially with the head work and cams. The clutch is fine, no upgrades needed, it uses the same frictions and steels as the Destroyer race clutch.
I have a white rod,(white painted Night rod), with all of the mods except T-body and head work and a Destroyer in addition to 2 fast Softails, and I do this for a living. So I'd like to think that I have a handle on things.  TIMINATOR
MODESTY IS A CRUTCH FOR THE INCOMPETENT!!!