April 19, 2024, 07:30:01 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

2020 Electra Glide Standard

Started by DGlide04, August 31, 2019, 05:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGlide04

Looking at a test ride on a new E-Glide Standard and was wondering if it came pre-wired for passing lights?

Tommy D

IMO, On a Standard this set up is cleaner.. & you can upgrade to LED as well
https://www.kuryakyn.com/products/5121/fairing-mounted-driving-lights-with-turn-signals

Quote from: DGlide04 on August 31, 2019, 05:39:56 PM
Looking at a test ride on a new E-Glide Standard and was wondering if it came pre-wired for passing lights?
Acts 4:12

james r

IMHO,
Road King Has These and Many Better Standard Features for  About $300  More !
Road King is a Better Bang for the Buck !!

jmorton10

How do you figure that when it doesn't have a fairing??

~John
HC 124", Dragula, Pingel air shift W/Dyna Shift Minder & onboard compressor, NOS

les

Quote from: jmorton10 on September 03, 2019, 03:06:31 AM
How do you figure that when it doesn't have a fairing??

~John

IMO:
1) Spot lights already included
2) 2-up seat already included
3) Passenger footboards included
3) Personally, I like the black/chrome styling
4) Personally, I can do a 5K ride just as comfortable on my RK as I could in my E-Glide.
5) I can dress the RK down (local riding) or up (long distance) riding.  I really like riding without the windscreen for short couple-hundred mile rides using my optional solo seat.

smoserx1

QuoteMO:
4) Personally, I can do a 5K ride just as comfortable on my RK as I could in my E-Glide.
5) I can dress the RK down (local riding) or up (long distance) riding.  I really like riding without the windscreen for short couple-hundred mile rides using my optional solo seat.

Ditto my thoughts exactly and I have an EG standard, an old 99 model.  Back then it came with spot lights, a 2-up seat and passenger footboards, but the real oddity is back then the basic RK was about 2 grand MORE than the EG standard.  Now it is only $300 more.  Doesn't make sense to me.  I have always sort of regretted not getting the RK although my EG has done very well.  I just think the RK windshield and chrome headlight housing is so much better looking than the batwing fairing.  Now days for $300 more I would buy the RK without a second thought.

Jim Bronson

Quote from: smoserx1 on September 03, 2019, 01:51:20 PM
QuoteMO:

Ditto my thoughts exactly and I have an EG standard, an old 99 model.  Back then it came with spot lights, a 2-up seat and passenger footboards, but the real oddity is back then the basic RK was about 2 grand MORE than the EG standard.  Now it is only $300 more.  Doesn't make sense to me.  I have always sort of regretted not getting the RK although my EG has done very well.  I just think the RK windshield and chrome headlight housing is so much better looking than the batwing fairing.  Now days for $300 more I would buy the RK without a second thought.
Ditto ditto except #3. I don't like the blacked-out look at all. Maybe they're cheaper to manufacture.

Fairings are more a matter of personal taste than anything else. They do offer some extra protection against the elements, but I like being able to see the full road area. I test rode a SG before I bought my RK, and I just felt too 'enclosed' by the fairing. One big advantage of a bike with fork-mounted fairings is the placement of the gauges and indicator lights.
Going down that long, lonesome highway. Gonna live life my way.

14GuineaPig

Although I haven't really researched it, I think the Police Electra Glide might be a better value than the EG Standard.  That's of course if you can get one that was new and never "in-service". 

Ohio HD

I don't know with certainly, but my past experience with HD's is they will not be pre-wired. If you look on HD's site, their auxiliary lighting comes with a switch, splice connectors, and other hardware.

Coyote

Quote from: Ohio HD on September 04, 2019, 12:21:42 PM

I don't know with certainly, but my past experience with HD's is they will not be pre-wired. If you look on HD's site, their auxiliary lighting comes with a switch, splice connectors, and other hardware.

I think the main harness wiring may be there. But you're right, the switch will have to be added to the connector that the dash switches plug into.

I haven't seen a 2020 though so it's possible HD may have changed.

Ohio HD

Quote from: Coyote on September 04, 2019, 12:23:23 PM
Quote from: Ohio HD on September 04, 2019, 12:21:42 PM

I think the main harness wiring may be there. But you're right, the switch will have to be added to the connector that the dash switches plug into.

I haven't seen a 2020 though so it's possible HD may have changed.

I assume he means to the bulb wired, which they are not. The HD instructions for 67800367A Custom Auxiliary Lighting Kit for a 2020 EG Standard.

https://serviceinfo.harley-davidson.com/sip/service/document/236357?locale=en_US

DGlide04

Thanks for all of the replies, on and off topic.  It was just a thought to take a newer bike out for a test drive.  I have my 2004 King decked out the way I like it, T-bars, 95" upgrade, air ride suspension etc.  Here's what the ride looks like now:

[attach=0]

Hossamania

Nice RoadKing!
I do like the look of the Standard, the black paint (no damn flat denim) and the tank badging. Old school, not over designed.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

les

Quote from: Hossamania on September 05, 2019, 05:24:06 AM
Nice RoadKing!
I do like the look of the Standard, the black paint (no damn flat denim) and the tank badging. Old school, not over designed.

I also very much like the looks of the new Standard.  I'd buy one as my new bike, if it had all the stuff in my list above (minus the black/chrome engine...I'm ok with brushed look), and it were $1K cheaper.  I'd be ok with the fixed faring.  But the price must come down, and the old Standard stuff put back on.