April 19, 2024, 04:39:25 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

V&H propipe for 2011 Heritage

Started by Stuffa, September 17, 2019, 11:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuffa

When I purchased my Heritage in 2011 it had a propipe on it. It was a little loud for me and after a long trip my ears would be ringing. I also moved into a retirement village so wanted to tone it down. I got a HardKore baffle and that quietened it down some but was never really happy with the tone. So recently I decided to buy a V&H quiet baffle and what a waste of money. It sounds a lot worse than the HardKore baffle and performance suffered. I also have a 103 conversion done with gear drive cams and a Dynojet tuner so I don't want to loose to much HP. I know quieting it down will loose some performance.

So I have run out of ideas and after suggestions for a quieter exhaust that won't hurt performance to much but still has a nice tone. Or am I asking to much?

rigidthumper

Supertrapp Supermeg is tunable for sound levels and power, but listen to one before purchasing- some like the sound, some don't. I will say it doesn't kill HP like some quiet pipes.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Deye76

Supertrapp.

Testing by one of the tuners here reveals the V&H quiet baffle actually hurts tq.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

Barrett

September 18, 2019, 07:21:00 AM #3 Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 08:30:44 AM by Barrett
I've run the Propipe, Supermeg and the Fuel Moto Eseries. I like the Propipe but it is kinda loud.
My supermeg broke at the fwd 02 bung and their customer service Sucked.
The F/M pipe is fairly quiet and makes good power. It's a stepped header and the supertrapp isn't.
I see they don't make the eseries for a softail.
Another option would be a supertrapp baffle conversion to the Propipe.

Stuffa

September 19, 2019, 02:45:22 PM #4 Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 02:56:08 PM by Stuffa
Thanks for the replies. I should have done a bit more research before buying the V&H baffles as most of the reviews aren't that flash. I have found V&H customer service less than helpful

Stuffa

Quote from: Barrett on September 18, 2019, 07:21:00 AM
I've run the Propipe, Supermeg and the Fuel Moto Eseries. I like the Propipe but it is kinda loud.
My supermeg broke at the fwd 02 bung and their customer service Sucked.
The F/M pipe is fairly quiet and makes good power. It's a stepped header and the supertrapp isn't.
I see they don't make the eseries for a softail.
Another option would be a supertrapp baffle conversion to the Propipe.

Would that conversion be an easy process? Do you know anyone who has done it?

hi$toy

I did the supertrap conversion to pro pipe years ago for my Heritage, really made a difference, you completley delete the pro pipe baffle, machine the endcap  , install the supertrap  ends, I ended up with 14  in mine it flew, great sound.

simmz

I was able to fit a Supertrapp Universal slip on muffler on a V&H Pro Pipe header on my 2005 Deluxe when I had it.
I ordered it from Summit Racing.

simmz
Smoky Mountains Tennessee