March 29, 2024, 04:39:21 AM

News:

Cardo Packtalk Bold

Started by Spartanden, February 15, 2019, 03:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spartanden

Anyone here have the Cardo Packtalk Bold bike-to-bike communicator?  I just got one and have some questions.

FurryOne

Quote from: Spartanden on February 15, 2019, 03:05:30 PM
Anyone here have the Cardo Packtalk Bold bike-to-bike communicator?  I just got one and have some questions.

I have the PackTalk Bold, the PackTalk Bold /w JBL speakers, The Sena 30K, the WHiM, and the Sena Freewire.  You might also get some preliminary information from our HOG website in the Tech Stuff section.

moose

there are several here what's the questions
Moose aka Glenn-

FurryOne

Quote from: moose on February 16, 2019, 04:08:24 AM
there are several here what's the questions

Why is there air?  Is the Earth round?  What happened to the OP?   :missed:

Anyone else have any questions they don't want answered?   :potstir:

Spartanden

Ok.... I'm an old fart and don't spend a great deal of time on this thing!!  Sorry I haven't been back sooner. I have been searching the internet on more info and I think right now i'm pretty much set up.  I have a half helmet and 3/4 helmet. I got the half helmet mic mount and have mounted on both using the sticky mount brackets. I like the 3/4 for cool/cold weather riding, and half for summer.  I got the system to work with phone and radio and my ipod. I plan to use earbuds rather than the speakers.  I sat with my buddy and we were going over things and I used the vocal command and he jumped! Said he could hear me!!  so it appears these two will pair up when they are near each other. So right now I think we have the basics down.
The only question I have right now is how to use the buddy list on the Cardo Community site. The one where you can plug in and update unit, etc.  Is there a reason for me to put my buddy in the buddy list?  Is there some sort of tutorial available for this?  I will try to be a bit more vigilant and peek in here more often!
thanks for any input!
denny

FurryOne

Just off-hand, I'd say that the "Cardo Community" webpage has been deemphasized in favor of the Cardo APP.  In fact, the latest PackTalk Bold/JBL headsets won't even talk to the Community page, and  I got the impression from them no update for it is coming soon.

Lately a few of us have been bugging them about finding a way for the DMC to work while paired with a WHIM.

Spartanden

I sent question to Cardo customer service couple days ago and this is their response:

Hello 

The buddy list is a feature that was taken away with the 4.0 firmware upgrade. It is no longer a feature of the unit and will not work correctly if your try to use it. 

Best 
Cardo Support

so I guess the latest upgrade took that out.  We have the units hooked up and working between the two of us. Now we just need some warm weather and the chance to get the bikes out!!

FurryOne

As of a few days ago  - no real answer from Cardo as to whether they can overcome the problem with WHIM and DMC...