March 28, 2024, 08:59:52 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Has anybody swapped out the H-K CD player from another unit?

Started by skunk, May 29, 2019, 06:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skunk

I haven't opened one up yet but have one H-K head unit with a skipping CD player but have another unit that is basically junk but still played CD's before crapping out. I have swapped out the CD players out in the old Radio Sound units and was pretty simple (plug and play). Is it just as simple in a HK unit or did they make it child proof? I have nothing to loose at this point but thought I would ask prior to taking the journey myself. TIA,

g-wali

Not sure what year your bike is but, if it is 2013 or before then they are pretty easy to swap out with a standard car or marine unit.

biggzed

You'll need a kit in order to mount a standard single din stereo in the fairing. If you want to keep your handle bar controls in the mix you will need an interface for that as well. All very easy to do. I like Hawgwired products for this.

This should be everything you need: https://hawg-wired.com/product_info.php/cPath/51/pPath/96

Zach

moose

I think he is asking if it is hard to swap just the cd unit from on hk to another hk
Moose aka Glenn-

tdgriff

It's very easy. What are you looking to get and do.

skunk

Quote from: moose on June 11, 2019, 02:04:02 PM
I think he is asking if it is hard to swap just the cd unit from on hk to another hk

Correct, I have a couple of "donor" unit with various issues, Was thinking about salvaging the CD unit out of one for another unit that is skipping. Sounds like it should be easy enough. Thank you to all

PoorUB

If you have a dead unit you have nothing to lose.  Open it up and take a look. Then let us know what you find.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!