April 19, 2024, 02:27:27 PM

News:

aim-tamachi SLAVE CYLINDER

Started by FSG, September 27, 2018, 11:51:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigcraig

Quote from: Maddo Snr on May 09, 2019, 04:01:48 PM
We have a package now that hasn't failed us yet:
80W140 in the box (just over bottom of dipstick range)
15W50 full-syn in the primary (1/2" under the square notch)
AIM-Tamachi slave
Milled cover
Primary vent.

Rather than do piecemeal fixes we just do the one package for a set price.

p.s. We're currently trialling a sweet looking catch-can/vent system that accepts the gearbox, motor and primary vent hoses and manages the sumping and transferring vent mods in one package.

Do you have a picture of you milled trans cover mods?

ziggy24

I installed the AIM Light Force on my 2019 flhxs and loved it ! ( received it in April of this year) But after 1200 mi I started to have an issue with having trouble getting the bike out of first gear into second. Yesterday, decided to check the fluid, sure enough, the MC was just about empty! First Harley cant make one that doesn't leak ,and now them. 2019 and we still have problems with the simplest of things.
Sent them an email last night and waiting to find out what they want to do.

To The Max

Quote from: ziggy24 on June 24, 2019, 08:45:23 AM
I installed the AIM Light Force on my 2019 flhxs and loved it ! ( received it in April of this year) But after 1200 mi I started to have an issue with having trouble getting the bike out of first gear into second. Yesterday, decided to check the fluid, sure enough, the MC was just about empty! First Harley cant make one that doesn't leak ,and now them. 2019 and we still have problems with the simplest of things.
Sent them an email last night and waiting to find out what they want to do.
I fitted the AIM to my mates 18 cvo street glyde and he is having the same issue but only when cold . he has no transfer and the gear box is full to the correct level. we thought the clutch may be dragging but it goes into first easy ??????. Max

Maddo Snr

The AIM o'rings will abrade and wear if there's a slight air bubble  Change the piston o'rings and polish the cylinder internals. So easy to fix.
2018 FLHX 107
Rinehart 45s, SE cleaner, TTS MasterTune. 92/108

BlairS

I just installed the AIM on my 2019 Road Glide Special and love it. Money well spent. Blair

brokenwing

installed AIM SLAVE CYLINDER on my 2019 Road Glide. WOW... big difference Love it. Hated the clutch before. just don't understand why you have to spend $290.00 and four hrs. work to fix something Harley screwed up almost four years ago and still hasn't addressed. :gob:

calif phil

July 13, 2019, 08:54:19 AM #81 Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 09:09:53 AM by rigidthumper
Muller is also making the reduced effort slave cylinders.  Unlike AIM they also make one for the 2014-16 bikes as well.  I just installed one on a 2015 limited and the customer is over the moon. 

road-dawgs1

Quote from: calif phil on July 13, 2019, 08:54:19 AM
Muller is also making the reduced effort slave cylinders.  Unlike AIM they also make one for the 2014-16 bikes as well.  I just installed one on a 2015 limited and the customer is over the moon.

Any thoughts on which is better? I know AIM's first generation had some issues.  I haven't gotten one yet, but is on my list.
'24 FLTRX Sharkskin blue

HogMike

Quote from: road-dawgs1 on July 13, 2019, 09:16:03 AM

Any thoughts on which is better? I know AIM's first generation had some issues.  I haven't gotten one yet, but is on my list.

I'll bet they both operate about the same.
I ordered the AIM for my 2019 but it was back ordered. Bought the Muller.
Have about 500 miles on the bike and love it!
Worth the money for me. Makes the bike much more fun to ride.
JMHO
HOGMIKE
SoCal

YPD485

Quote from: road-dawgs1 on July 13, 2019, 09:16:03 AM

The AIM 2nd generation slave cylinder is also having issues. The friction zone pretty much moves out to the end of the lever just like the stock Harley setup.

calif phil

The Mueller had the engagement fairly close to the grip.  It's kind of nit picky but the Mueller doesn't come with the bleed nipple.

HogMike

Quote from: calif phil on July 18, 2019, 12:26:58 PM
The Mueller had the engagement fairly close to the grip.  It's kind of nit picky but the Mueller doesn't come with the bleed nipple.

Mine did.
My engagement at the ball end was about 1-1/2 " or about 3/4" at the lever bend
:nix:
HOGMIKE
SoCal

HogMike

I went riding again today so now I've about 1000 miles on the setup and as long as no issues crop up I like it!
:missed:
HOGMIKE
SoCal

road-dawgs1

Good to know. I'd probably be buying a speed bleeder nipple anyway.
'24 FLTRX Sharkskin blue

HogMike

Quote from: road-dawgs1 on July 18, 2019, 02:17:56 PM

Good to know. I'd probably be buying a speed bleeder nipple anyway.

I just dumped a little in the bleeder hole, broke loose the supply fitting until fluid dribbled out, filled the master reservoir, put a hose on the bleeder and pumped a few times.
Done
HOGMIKE
SoCal

HogMike

Correction: Phil you are correct, I checked my oem slave cylinder and now I remember the bleed nipple was transferred from old to new. Also the oem spring and rubber gasket was also transferred.
Sorry about the misinformation.

:missed:
HOGMIKE
SoCal