April 19, 2024, 01:40:37 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Con Rods

Started by hdfat2002, July 24, 2019, 10:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hdfat2002

Howdy Group,

I was wondering if anyone had handy the connecting rod specs for Mil-8 107 & 114s.

I want to run some calcs on piston acceleration--one missing piece of data!

Cheers,

-Brown

hdfat2002

Sorry, I wasn't clear.

Looking for rod length, center-to-center. 

Thanks.

Prostock

Personally have not measured, but was told same as TC 7.667"  I also use this with BB Calculator and it gets it close.  Do not rely on bolt on kits advertised compression ratio.  Deck height, squish, chamber volume ect all needs to be measured to get what your looking for.  Don"t be afraid to squeeze these M-8's 225 plus.

rigidthumper

DarkHorse M8 rods are 8.015"
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

hdfat2002

Thanks for weighing in, guys. 

I was wanting to calculate piston acceleration.  We get up to some nasty mean piston speeds in our H-Ds sometimes but we get away with it because our comparatively long rods chill out the transitions at TDC and BDC.  It stands to reason the newest engine design would have longer rods if they could stuff them in there.

I saw CP Carillo has M8 rods, too.  They don't have their specs published that I could find, however.

Lemme know if anyone comes up with a spec for stock rods!

-Brown

1workinman

Quote from: hdfat2002 on July 26, 2019, 04:54:40 PM

I was wanting to calculate piston acceleration.  We get up to some nasty mean piston speeds in our H-Ds sometimes but we get away with it because our comparatively long rods chill out the transitions at TDC and BDC.  It stands to reason the newest engine design would have longer rods if they could stuff them in there.

I saw CP Carillo has M8 rods, too.  They don't have their specs published that I could find, however.

-Brown
I saw a set of those rods for a m8 on FB I don't remember but I think it was for a rather large motor 143 or what ever it is

Admiral Akbar

Quote from: hdfat2002 on July 26, 2019, 04:54:40 PM

-Brown

Longer rods only slow down TDC acceleration.  At BDC longer rods speed up but BDC rod acceleration is pretty much always slower then TDC.