April 18, 2024, 02:16:55 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

New T-Man Breather Valves for M8

Started by Vision, July 30, 2019, 12:07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vision

This video popped up in my feed today since I follow Cycle Solutions.  Would like to get the thoughts of the resident experts on these new vents.  There has definitely been some discussion here concerning the stock M8 vents.

https://youtu.be/Hrzf59smDO4

Ozbob

Sunny Jim, might be your saviour here, worth a try IMHO

Sunny Jim

OZ Bob, they look nice. Ozzie dollar down to 68 cents US today. They're going to be expensive.

doshounds

I have a set coming. Perfect timing for my 124 build.  I was not impressed with the plastic breathers and had an extra $500 laying around.  Lol.  I figured, it's apart, and the cost is worth avoiding any issues down the road. 

HD/Wrench

So I am now to believe  this item will stop  misting,..... another issue that is not an issue :scratch: , Feels like the old Dorhty mist free I guess things really do come back in style . Buy it guys let me know how it works out .

I will keep using the stock ones that are not causing an issue its plastic SO WHAT . You have way more issue's to worry about in the M8 than the breather .

Ohio HD

Quote from: GMR-PERFORMANCE on August 01, 2019, 06:16:39 AM
  So I am now to believe  this item will stop  misting,..... another issue that is not an issue :scratch: , Feels like the old Dorhty mist free I guess things really do come back in style . Buy it guys let me know how it works out .

I will keep using the stock ones that are not causing an issue its plastic SO WHAT . You have way more issue's to worry about in the M8 than the breather .

:up:

Vision

Thanks for your feedback!  How important is it for air only to come out of the breathers?  Some time ago, I witnesses a mechanic connect a vacuum gauge to the breathers on my bike and watched how the needle actively swung in both directions.   It was explained to me that this would cause a problem with possible pressure build-up in the engine which could lead to sumping.   Not being a mechanic,  I'm learning from you guys and as a result hopefully save friends and myself some coin and only invest in things that work.  Would that bi-directional flow be a potential issue?   Do the Twin Cams do that?   Would these new breathers potentially stop the need for the A1 vent or any of the other vents or would you consider all of this snake oil as some seem to think?

HD/Wrench

Quote from: Vision on August 01, 2019, 07:30:55 AM

Thanks for your feedback!  How important is it for air only to come out of the breathers?  Some time ago, I witnesses a mechanic connect a vacuum gauge to the breathers on my bike and watched how the needle actively swung in both directions.   It was explained to me that this would cause a problem with possible pressure build-up in the engine which could lead to sumping.   Not being a mechanic,  I'm learning from you guys and as a result hopefully save friends and myself some coin and only invest in things that work.  Would that bi-directional flow be a potential issue?   Do the Twin Cams do that?   Would these new breathers potentially stop the need for the A1 vent or any of the other vents or would you consider all of this snake oil as some seem to think?

That is my buddy Mike from A-1 Cycles .net   Oil level is one of the largest issues I am seeing 4 - 4.5 qts ?? in some of these . dip stock issues  etc It a closed system so too much oil leaves less room for crank case pressure ,  do you need all of the extra items . Well If you just run the oil at the add mark that takes care of it .. I have done dyno pulls back to back with dip stick in and out  does it pick up yes but can I say that it was not the run to run variance no I cannot . as I only saw .5 of a change .

500 to buy a new  billet item vs  a 10.49 cent item ( need X2 so 21.00 ish )   so about 24 sets of new breathers vs the billet set up . 

Sorry not biting on that  . Leakage  Well You can bolt one in look at the very low pressure you have  hook up a air hose  to my leak down  tool to the couple PSI you have while running  and blow back wards from out side of head and see if it leaks  I did it HA HA wanted to know for myself . No leaks in fact I was able to put 25 PSI to it and no leaks I did not try for more I thought that 25 was WAY more than needed . So the O ring thing can be proven by ANY one .

So I am trying to see what I have missed here . Other than a few people think that if its plastic it must be bad .SO I guess Every automotive manufacture today got it all wrong . Cummins Duramax Power stroke  etc etc etc .

Snake oil well I think that  the product will do what it says but do you really need it ?? that is the larger question .  Dry sump oiling system how much oil do you really need in the pan ?? its sure not as much as everyone thinks .

better cooling with more oil that is just down right funny . sure for about 5 minutes  heat is heat .

Lets just say you will not see me any time soon stating you need a 500 dollar billet breather for your M8 .  3 years 75,000 bikes not one guy showing a melted breather or one that has failed .. But I guess if there is no market for one create it . Great  marketing for sure I will give you that .

Not  bash on TR just my opinion . Want to spend  your money wisely Replace the stock plastic manifold with the SE version . Thank me later

MakoHD

GMR Dead on!  Well at lease they look cool...

Vision

Quote from: GMR-PERFORMANCE on August 01, 2019, 08:30:50 AM
Quote from: Vision on August 01, 2019, 07:30:55 AM

That is my buddy Mike from A-1 Cycles .net   Oil level is one of the largest issues I am seeing 4 - 4.5 qts ?? in some of these . dip stock issues  etc It a closed system so too much oil leaves less room for crank case pressure ,  do you need all of the extra items . Well If you just run the oil at the add mark that takes care of it .. I have done dyno pulls back to back with dip stick in and out  does it pick up yes but can I say that it was not the run to run variance no I cannot . as I only saw .5 of a change .

500 to buy a new  billet item vs  a 10.49 cent item ( need X2 so 21.00 ish )   so about 24 sets of new breathers vs the billet set up . 

Sorry not biting on that  . Leakage  Well You can bolt one in look at the very low pressure you have  hook up a air hose  to my leak down  tool to the couple PSI you have while running  and blow back wards from out side of head and see if it leaks  I did it HA HA wanted to know for myself . No leaks in fact I was able to put 25 PSI to it and no leaks I did not try for more I thought that 25 was WAY more than needed . So the O ring thing can be proven by ANY one .

So I am trying to see what I have missed here . Other than a few people think that if its plastic it must be bad .SO I guess Every automotive manufacture today got it all wrong . Cummins Duramax Power stroke  etc etc etc .

Snake oil well I think that  the product will do what it says but do you really need it ?? that is the larger question .  Dry sump oiling system how much oil do you really need in the pan ?? its sure not as much as everyone thinks .

better cooling with more oil that is just down right funny . sure for about 5 minutes  heat is heat .

Lets just say you will not see me any time soon stating you need a 500 dollar billet breather for your M8 .  3 years 75,000 bikes not one guy showing a melted breather or one that has failed .. But I guess if there is no market for one create it . Great  marketing for sure I will give you that .

Not  bash on TR just my opinion . Want to spend  your money wisely Replace the stock plastic manifold with the SE version . Thank me later

Thank you for your detailed response. One thing I do know is that when you throw too much at a problem,  you never know what the fix might be.  I’ve been fine since my 2018 RGS sumped in October of 18 and was rebuilt.  However,  I had a lot done during that rebuild out of pure frustration and fear of being stuck in the middle of nowhere ( 124 cylinders, cam, new oil pump/plate , breather Cap, and yes, somewhere a long the way I started using less oil as well) and the bike runs great 3000 miles post  sumping.  I’d like to think it’s the Feuling pump, but but no evidence to prove that other than referencing others that did the same with success.  Thanks Again!

Sunny Jim

Am I mistaken or is SS cycles manufacturing a similar(same) breather?