March 29, 2024, 02:19:57 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

RCX 2-1 for baggers

Started by Nastytls, August 10, 2019, 01:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nastytls

Has anyone tuned one of these on an M8? I saw one comparison video and it seemed to do very well compared to the D&D for hundreds less$$ and better than S&S, propipe, and a couple of others.

Nastytls

Hmmm... Guess it's not a widely used pipe.

BVHOG

Would love to see what it would do myself, The D&D is very expensive, the S&S I tried was less than stellar and end cap and heat shield won't stay tight.  If I get a chance I will use one and report back.
If you don't have a sense of humor you probably have no sense at all.

Nastytls

Agreed, the D&D is stupid $ and to add more insult to it, you now have to pay extra to get a friggn' tip for it. They can pound sand. I think I'm just going to get the RCX and see how she does.

kd

Ihe RCX rear pipe (the whole head pipe set for that matter) is very similar to the Dragula 1, Boarzilla, and the Bassani Road Rage.  All 3 of these can make big power.
KD

Nastytls

So, I got the RCX installed and did a 2100 mile trip up to Nova Scotia & Cape Breton. It's definitely stronger off the bottom and midrange compared to the DNT w/ fulsac header. It's also a little on the loud side and I'm not entirely sure I like the pitch of it's sound. Maybe it'll grow on me. Once I get it dyno tuned I'll post a sheet.

genzer

That's the pipe I'm interested in let us know how it pans out, if it's too loud for your M8 it'll probably be too loud for my Twinkie. Also can you change out the baffle for a quieter one?

Nastytls

joe_lyons

Quote from: Nastytls on September 03, 2019, 05:54:42 PM
No baffle options for them.

Could you take some pics of the baffle?  How big is the can?
Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion 816-425-4901

Nastytls

Muffler is about 26" from tip to tip and 4.5" diameter.

This is the best pic I could get of it.

FLDavetrain

Quote from: Nastytls on August 12, 2019, 09:19:11 AM

I have one on shelf waiting it's turn. Might try it might not. Almost nothing on this pipe out there. Doubt it will ever gain popularity, I had to tap and clean up the crappy O2 sensor port threads and the welds are a sloppy mess. Chrome is mediocre at best, sub par thickness/quality. 
currently 510ci on tap

Nastytls

Quote from: FLDavetrain on September 11, 2019, 04:20:16 PM

I have one on shelf waiting it's turn. Might try it might not. Almost nothing on this pipe out there. Doubt it will ever gain popularity, I had to tap and clean up the crappy O2 sensor port threads and the welds are a sloppy mess. Chrome is mediocre at best, sub par thickness/quality.

I have black, so I can't speak to the chrome. The welds seem all right to me, nothing about them looked "sloppy" or poorly done. Even if they were, I'd still go this route vs. spending double the $ for the D&D with little to no difference in performance. JMO.

FLDavetrain

currently 510ci on tap

rbabos

Quote from: FLDavetrain on September 12, 2019, 12:19:14 PM
[attach=1,msg1315282]
As a welder in my working days, please allow me to  :sick:
Ron

Durwood

Quote from: Nastytls on September 12, 2019, 10:26:58 AM

I have black, so I can't speak to the chrome. The welds seem all right to me, nothing about them looked "sloppy" or poorly done. Even if they were, I'd still go this route vs. spending double the $ for the D&D with little to no difference in performance. JMO.
I am interested in testing this pipe also. Have you compared them? Thanks

Nastytls

Quote from: Durwood on September 13, 2019, 04:01:49 AM

Me personally, no. There is a dyno shootout video on youtube where several 2-1 are tested back to back on an M8. The RCX was right there with the D&D. The dyno operator is a fairly well known guy in the NY area, so I believe it's legit.

Durwood

Quote from: Nastytls on September 13, 2019, 04:25:08 AM
Quote from: Durwood on September 13, 2019, 04:01:49 AM

Me personally, no. There is a dyno shootout video on youtube where several 2-1 are tested back to back on an M8. The RCX was right there with the D&D. The dyno operator is a fairly well known guy in the NY area, so I believe it's legit.
:up: Thanks

boggart

How can you say there is little or no performance difference when there's nothing out there on it?

edit:  I see now that you said you had seen dyno shootouts.

TXChop

kjd

Thank you for posting that DAn,
The RCX 2-1did work well. We also found out that the RCX 2-2 head pipe Works great too.