March 28, 2024, 04:13:26 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

37N Andrews Cams

Started by KnuckleDragger, May 09, 2019, 11:55:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KnuckleDragger

Hello....
Im installing a set of 37N andrews cams and changing up the support plate to hydraulic tensioners on my 2005 softail They are calling for 25355-06 support plate and 26037-06 oil pump. Are the 2007-2016 hydraulic support plates not basically all the same? Can i not use any support plate from these years?

Thx for your input!! :pop:

remington007

I think the plates are the same except that later ones eliminated the bushing on the crank area. #25355-06A.

PoorUB

Quote from: KnuckleDragger on May 09, 2019, 11:55:25 AM
Hello....
Im installing a set of 37N andrews cams and changing up the support plate to hydraulic tensioners on my 2005 softail They are calling for 25355-06 support plate and 26037-06 oil pump. Are the 2007-2016 hydraulic support plates not basically all the same? Can i not use any support plate from these years?

Thx for your input!! :pop:

Yes, they are functionally the same. Use which ever year you can find.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

muskwa

I believe there are differences in the oil passages between TC88A and TC88B support plates, you may need to ensure you get a plate with the proper oil passages.

smoserx1

The oil passage difference is a function of the A and B engine cases.  Both cases use the same support plate.

muskwa

your Bike is an 05. You could do an Andrews 48n too!

jjdalynh

most pros will recommend more compression over stock for 37s.  i'd agree if you like torque down low, the 37 needs to be wound up to feel good with stock compression.  mines a 95" and it still feels a little lazy, but it's a softail so doesn't take much to get it moving. 

KnuckleDragger

sorry i forgot to mention its getting bumped up to the 97 S&S kit.

:up:

PoorUB

Why not get the heads ported and valves reworked to run more lift, then go with 57's.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

KnuckleDragger

lmao....and it begins.... :beer:

fidel

just go 143  and enjoy its ur money not mine so go for it

KnuckleDragger

Ooooookkkkkk..... :bf:

So i got this 97 build back together....fires up slick as sh**....run it 15 secs....oil pressure light still on ....shut it down...check oil ( just in case ) ....oil is right up .....fire it back up , still no pressure, lights still on.

I updated the camplate/oil pump with a 2005 hydraulic(worked perfectly in the 2005) took it apart, cleaned it up , lubed it good before i assembled it. I know in the 1999 models there is one oil gallery that has to be plugged on the plate. but this bike is a 2006 softail.

Any input before i rip this cam/ oil pump chest apart again?
Im going to grab an actual oil pressure gauge from shop tomorrow and check the pressure manaully but its clacking a bit so i think the pressure is nil.

FXDBI

Quote from: KnuckleDragger on May 30, 2019, 08:45:52 PM
Ooooookkkkkk..... :bf:

So i got this 97 build back together....fires up slick as sh**....run it 15 secs....oil pressure light still on ....shut it down...check oil ( just in case ) ....oil is right up .....fire it back up , still no pressure, lights still on.

I updated the camplate/oil pump with a 2005 hydraulic(worked perfectly in the 2005) took it apart, cleaned it up , lubed it good before i assembled it. I know in the 1999 models there is one oil gallery that has to be plugged on the plate. but this bike is a 2006 softail.

Any input before i rip this cam/ oil pump chest apart again?
Im going to grab an actual oil pressure gauge from shop tomorrow and check the pressure manaully but its clacking a bit so i think the pressure is nil.
[/quote

I ALWAYS pull the plugs and fuse and turn a engine over until the oil light goes out wait a few minutes and do it again to prove it wasn't a fluke after major engine work before it is started. Sounds like you need to go back in and find the reason u have no oil pressure. Bob

Armin

Looks like you have to rip out the camplate again and check for proper installation of o-rings, softail engine needs three o-rings: two small ones between camplate and engine case and the large one down low between oil pump and engine case. Also verify carefully the correct re-assembly of the oil pump towards the cam plate.

Armin.
Nothing can ruin a Man's day faster than an Almost-Takeoff!

Hossamania

It has happened to me twice, one of the o-rings behind the camplate fell out at assembly. My fault.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take away everything you have.