March 29, 2024, 07:09:42 AM

News:

Want a bluetooth system only

Started by FatJohn, May 19, 2019, 03:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FatJohn

I installed a Kenwood system last year and the damn thing seems down and out already. Gives me a protecting mode  on the display. 3rd system in my 05 Glider.
So what I'm looking for is just a bluetooth system that I can hook up to the speakers I have installed in the fairing already. Thats it nothing fancy, pair it with my phone and jam with my tunes.
Thanks in advance.

Paniolo

This is what I use:

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/hogtunes-bluetooth-wireless-music-connector-for-harley-touring-1999-2013

It plugs into the AUX port on the radio, but I imagine you could hook it up directly to the speakers too. It uses BlueTooth to manage my iPod, iPhone, and Zumo GPS. Does all you want to include volume, and advance and reverse tracks, as well as stop and play.
Life can only be lived in the present moment.

Ohio HD

This one. Super customer support as you buy from the designer and builder of the unit.

http://coyote-industries.com/

PoorUB

Maybe I am confused, but neither of them alone will do what he wants. He does not have a radio, just speakers.

Either of those would work if he had some sort of amp to drive the speakers, but he needs an amp with adjustable volume.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

PoorUB

May 19, 2019, 09:14:31 AM #4 Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 09:19:38 AM by FSG
Maybe something like this, but use you existing speakers.

https://www.amazon.com/BOSS- ....... amp+with+volume+%2Caps%2C204&sr=1-22

Ohio HD

Quote from: Paniolo on May 19, 2019, 05:58:48 AM
This is what I use:

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/hogtunes-bluetooth-wireless-music-connector-for-harley-touring-1999-2013

It plugs into the AUX port on the radio, but I imagine you could hook it up directly to the speakers too. It uses BlueTooth to manage my iPod, iPhone, and Zumo GPS. Does all you want to include volume, and advance and reverse tracks, as well as stop and play.

Quote from: PoorUB on May 19, 2019, 09:08:32 AM
Maybe I am confused, but neither of them alone will do what he wants. He does not have a radio, just speakers.

Either of those would work if he had some sort of amp to drive the speakers, but he needs an amp with adjustable volume.

Inconclusive what he wants.

PoorUB

Neither of those Bluetooth gadgets don't have the out put to drive a pair of speakers. They are pre-amp level out put.

Paniolo

Quote from: PoorUB on May 19, 2019, 09:30:58 AM
Neither of those Bluetooth gadgets don't have the out put to drive a pair of speakers. They are pre-amp level out put.

Good point. His original post stated he was looking for a BlueTooth unit. If he cannot patch any of those through the current radio, than it appears he will also need an amp to drive the speakers too.
Life can only be lived in the present moment.

PoorUB

Quote from: Paniolo on May 19, 2019, 10:31:14 AM
Quote from: PoorUB on May 19, 2019, 09:30:58 AM

Good point. His original post stated he was looking for a BlueTooth unit. If he cannot patch any of those through the current radio, than it appears he will also need an amp to drive the speakers too.

My take on it is his current radio is dead, and he just want to run Bluetooth from his phone to his current speakers. He will need an amp of some sort.

I wonder if he could run a normal two channel amp, feed by one of the Bluetooth adapters and run the volume control of his phone. :idunno:

FatJohn

Correct, the head unit is a goner. So yes I'm guessing I would have to have an amp.
You would think these head units would live a little longer then a season. I totally understand you get what you pay for, but this unit wasn't in the bargain bin either.
John

FatJohn

Poor UB
Looks like that's the ticket.
Thanks,

PoorUB

Keep in mind I know nothing about the Boss unit at Amazon, I just tossed it out there. Do some research!

Coyote

Quote from: PoorUB on May 19, 2019, 12:46:20 PM
Keep in mind I know nothing about the Boss unit at Amazon, I just tossed it out there. Do some research!

First research is to find the magic dust that allows them to get 600 watts of audio from a power cord that only draws 60watts  (12v@5amp) lol

92flhtcu

Or, just get the $350 Aquatic AV Bluetooth Head Unit from Cali Phil and be done. These seem to hold up pretty well. Getting only a year from several different head units makes me think there may be some extenuating circumstances here...?
Need a bigger garage

FatJohn

After I replaced the Harmon I did get 3 years from the replacement and only a season out of the current unit. I'll open up the fairing and make sure all is secure. Hell it could be a bad ground for all I know.

Hossamania

There was a problem with some years having handlebar bolts that were too long and vibrating on the head unit causing damage. I'm not sure if yours is part of that run, but something to look at.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take away everything you have.

gordonr

FatJohn, have you used a radio install kit? Do you have some sort of water protection for your head unit.
"If was easy everyone would do it"

FatJohn

I did use a radio install kit and the unit is a marine unit.
I opened it all up yesterday checked all the conections and seems good. Found the reset button behind the face plate and that changed nothing.