News:

TTS 250 Cam

Started by Murph83, February 16, 2019, 02:21:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kd

March 22, 2019, 04:23:41 PM #25 Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 05:17:34 PM by kd
Quote from: Slyde on March 22, 2019, 02:53:30 PM
Quote from: GMR-PERFORMANCE on March 22, 2019, 06:25:31 AM
well if any one wants to sell the cam that has no specs  as no way it can work  happy to take it off your hands . cheap that is as well it has no specs that makes it close to useless based on a few posts here  :hyst: :hyst:

Your post is hard to read. I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean that supplying cam specs is OK or not OK. Does it matter or not matter. Just follow the recommendations of the designer and leave it at that??

Brian

I think the consensus is that it (TTS 250) works well for the purpose it is designed and advertised for if you follow the designer's instructions.  If you want to do your own design then choose from the cams that do give specs and do your own testing to make it work as well.  I suspect GMR (without me putting words in his mouth) is saying that he can satiosfy his customers with it and would be happy to recommend it and or use it when the right situation presents itself.  Post 7 shows that clearly.  Most of us would have to agree that even though Steve Cole wants to keep his specs to himself, his cam series work well for their intended purpose including the TTS 250. 
KD

Slyde

Quote from: kd on March 22, 2019, 04:23:41 PM
well if any one wants to sell the cam that has no specs  as no way it can work  happy to take it off your hands . cheap that is as well it has no specs that makes it close to useless based on a few posts here  :hyst: :hyst:

Your post is hard to read. I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean that supplying cam specs is OK or not OK. Does it matter or not matter. Just follow the recommendations of the designer and leave it at that??

Brian

I think the consensus is that it (TTS 250) works well for the purpose it is designed and advertised for if you follow the designer's instructions.  If you want to do your own design then chose from the cams that do give specs and do your own testing to make it work as well.  I suspect GMR (without me putting words in his mouth) is saying that he can satisfy his customers with it and would be happy to recommend it and or use it when the right situation presents itself.  Post 7 shows that clearly.  Most of us would have to agree that even though Steve Cole wants to keep his specs to himself, his cam series work well for their intended purpose including the TTS 250.

I appreciate that. Thank you.

HD/Wrench

Brian

I think the consensus is that it (TTS 250) works well for the purpose it is designed and advertised for if you follow the designer's instructions.  If you want to do your own design then choose from the cams that do give specs and do your own testing to make it work as well.  I suspect GMR (without me putting words in his mouth) is saying that he can satiosfy his customers with it and would be happy to recommend it and or use it when the right situation presents itself.  Post 7 shows that clearly.  Most of us would have to agree that even though Steve Cole wants to keep his specs to himself, his cam series work well for their intended purpose including the TTS 250.

Pretty much yes it works specs WHY whats the big deal , just more upset people stating this or that . It works what's the issue why do you need them ??  more arm chair QB on what cam to try based on specs and dyno sheets from all over the place ??

Reason I am not on here much . same ole crowd . Well gotta go install a no spec cam no way it will work   :hyst: :hyst:

BVHOG

Quote from: GMR-PERFORMANCE on March 28, 2019, 12:19:49 PM

Brian

Pretty much yes it works specs WHY whats the big deal , just more upset people stating this or that . It works what's the issue why do you need them ??  more arm chair QB on what cam to try based on specs and dyno sheets from all over the place ??

Reason I am not on here much . same ole crowd . Well gotta go install a no spec cam no way it will work   :hyst: :hyst:

Ok Steve, I got a set of cams here for a twincam , I'm gonna grind off the numbers and not gonna tell you what they are  but man will they work well in a twin cam motor, just take my word for it. Should set the compression between 9 to 1 and 11 to 1. Best thing going, just take my word for it. :teeth:
If you don't have a sense of humor you probably have no sense at all.

Hilly13

:koolaid1: :slap: :hyst:
Hey Bob, there is a builder/tuner in Tassie that does exactly that(grinds the marks off), I kid you not.
Just because its said don't make it so

HD/Wrench

Quote from: BVHOG on March 28, 2019, 01:06:26 PM
Quote from: GMR-PERFORMANCE on March 28, 2019, 12:19:49 PM

Brian

Ok Steve, I got a set of cams here for a twincam , I'm gonna grind off the numbers and not gonna tell you what they are  but man will they work well in a twin cam motor, just take my word for it. Should set the compression between 9 to 1 and 11 to 1. Best thing going, just take my word for it. :teeth:

Well You do not like Steve I get that fine but If I have tested a cam can show the dyno sheet tell you what comp ratio it works at low to high , if it needs high lift valve springs , then what the issue . Cam needs high lift spring , ok works best from stock to 11.5 comp ratio and here is the proof . Ok its not like the snap shot of a cam is telling you much .   

I get your point , and I hope you see mine  the cam works I have proven it dozens of others have proven it . its that simple .  there is what he suggests , I posted the sheet so its that simple . A snap shot of specs means very little and you know that . Myself have no issue with it . 

TTS-250

Designed to increase torque in the 2500-6000 RPM range.

Developed for Milwaukee-Eight engines with modified heads and pistons. Ideal for Stage III or IV kits.

Not recommended for compression over 12.0:1.

FOR CLOSED COURSE COMPETITION USE ONLY. NOT LEGAL FOR SALE OR USE IN CALIFORNIA ON ANY POLLUTION CONTROLLED MOTOR VEHICLE.

All '17 - '19 Harley-Davidson Milwaukee-Eight Models

Requires:
- Use of high lift valve springs (such as TTS Performance Valve Springs, P/N 2000311)
- Modified valve reliefs in pistons

1workinman

Quote from: GMR-PERFORMANCE on March 01, 2019, 07:05:58 AM
stock heads vary that is not the same pipe I would give up the extra tq for this curve , that Bassani is stupid loud like I would toss it into the nearest trash can loud .  Ear plugs in and muffs over the top and my head was still ringing  after the dyno tune . Sorry power or not that is  not what I would want I could never ride the bike.. My dog is in the shop most days and she even ran off and she will sit by a 124 with a zilla or rush wrath and not care . that one idling she haul arse out of the shop into my office  :hyst: :hyst: 

Tuning wise the 250 was much easier to dial in . and I have tuned the 475 with the billet cat . Both make good power .
Damn lol that funny  really nice chart to