April 26, 2024, 05:58:41 AM

News:

Going shopping

Started by JAFHR, February 22, 2019, 08:27:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JAFHR

February 22, 2019, 08:27:10 PM Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 09:22:06 PM by JAFHR
I'll be buying a new 2019 Road Glide Special here shortly and as i can never leave well enough alone. I'm thinking about a mild upgrade. My last bike was a CVO 110 in which i put in Woods 777 cam with power commander and Rhine hart racing duals. Absolutely loved the setup.

I'd like to upgrade this bike a bit with a cam, dual header like V&H and possible S&S MK45 slip on's with a SE Tuner or ? I'd like more useable power and try to keep it quiet. My tinnitus is not getting any better.

What are my choices
TIA
2011 Road Glide CVO 110 with Woods 777 cams, Power commander 4, Rhinehart 4"

calif phil

Check out Khromeworks true duals, they have 4.5" mufflers and perform very well. 

rigidthumper

Friend with a 19 CVO just did the full SE exhaust with a SE Street Tuner, made 115 TQ 102 HP and still has full warranty nationwide and reasonable sound levels.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

JAFHR

Quote from: rigidthumper on February 23, 2019, 07:20:07 AM
Friend with a 19 CVO just did the full SE exhaust with a SE Street Tuner, made 115 TQ 102 HP and still has full warranty nationwide and reasonable sound levels.

He did this without a cam change etc. Those are decent numbers

Sunny Jim

I have tinnitus .  The deep sound exhausts and the sonic associated with them caused me all sorts of discomfort. I am back to street canons and stock exhaust. Cruising comfort !

JAFHR

Quote from: Sunny Jim on February 23, 2019, 04:54:56 PM
I have tinnitus .  The deep sound exhausts and the sonic associated with them caused me all sorts of discomfort. I am back to street canons and stock exhaust. Cruising comfort !

Ya, I have an issue with sound through the helmet with ear plugs in. Seems to be a drone. I've found that the more the ear plug blocks out in sound the stronger the wind noise through the helmet. I have racing Rineharts which hasn't helped too much. Now trying to get a good sound, just not blatty

codyshop

You will be very disappointed in any current SE tuner.  They have been emasculated to the point of being irrelevant. 

Nastytls

Quote from: codyshop on February 24, 2019, 06:33:54 PM
You will be very disappointed in any current SE tuner.  They have been emasculated to the point of being irrelevant.

Actually that's not entirely true. When the M8 cam out someone posted on here a before and after dyno tune with the SE tuner and the results were noticeable. Is it as good as a PV or other non EPA tuner? No. But, you get to keep your warranty and in the hands of a good tuner will get decent improvements.

Durwood

Here's one I just tuned. 2018 CVO 117" with decat stock head pipe, re-cored CVO mufflers. 2" Fullsac baffles and a Cycle-Rama 460 cam along with a thorough tune.
[attach=0]

codyshop

Quote from: Nastytls on February 25, 2019, 05:31:45 AM
Quote from: codyshop on February 24, 2019, 06:33:54 PM

Actually that's not entirely true. When the M8 cam out someone posted on here a before and after dyno tune with the SE tuner and the results were noticeable. Is it as good as a PV or other non EPA tuner? No. But, you get to keep your warranty and in the hands of a good tuner will get decent improvements.
Also not entirely true.   Many dealers (mine included) sell and install the PV pre-delivery and will honor the warranty independent of the factory, and in writing.

hd06

So It's dealer warranty not factory, If you take a trip and you have a problem your SOL.

Nastytls

Quote from: hd06 on February 26, 2019, 01:40:37 AM
  So It's dealer warranty not factory, If you take a trip and you have a problem your SOL.

Exactly.

I installed an S&S cam, S&S air filter, PV, D&D mufflers w/ fullsac pipes at delivery. My dealer has honored my warranty and will continue to. If I bring it somewhere else in an emergency while on a road trip I'll surely be reported and lose my warranty. This is the gamble I've taken and I accept the potential ramifications. If you want to guarantee that your warranty remains for the full two years you will only use HD parts. Period.

PoorUB

The local dealer  told guys on work with their dealership warranty,  if you have issues on the road, get it fixed and bring them the bill and they would reimburse  you.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

Nastytls

Quote from: PoorUB on February 26, 2019, 07:55:50 AM
The local dealer  told guys on work with their dealership warranty,  if you have issues on the road, get it fixed and bring them the bill and they would reimburse  you.

So, if you're riding across country on your modified M8 and it sumps which smokes the engine this dealer will pay for a new engine?

PoorUB

Quote from: Nastytls on February 26, 2019, 12:24:54 PM
Quote from: PoorUB on February 26, 2019, 07:55:50 AM

So, if you're riding across country on your modified M8 and it sumps which smokes the engine this dealer will pay for a new engine?

You would have to ask the dealer.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

Nastytls

No need, I think we all know the answer already...

codyshop

Quote from: hd06 on February 26, 2019, 01:40:37 AM

I wont have time to travel more than a day away until after the warranty expires anyway.   Why suffer through poor quality SE crap in the meantime?