April 25, 2024, 05:59:45 AM

News:

M8 cam comparator

Started by BVHOG, February 25, 2019, 12:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BVHOG

anyone know of an M8 cam comparator sheet like bigboyz have for the twincam?  Maybe we all need to ask them to do one for the M8  stuff
If you don't have a sense of humor you probably have no sense at all.

Durwood

That would be a great tool to have.

turboprop

Probably stand a better chance of getting BigBouyz cooperation if the request included a spreadsheet of the various M8 cams and their specs.
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

donk_316

Someone needs to build an app that is basically the BB calculator but with Evo, TC and M8 selectable and ofcourse the cam DB too.

OR someone post the calculations for ccp AND dynamic compression. Ive built a spread sheet for this but cant find these two calcs which ofcourse are the important ones.
2017 FXSE w/117"

Admiral Akbar

Quote from: donk_316 on March 05, 2019, 12:28:30 PM
Someone needs to build an app that is basically the BB calculator but with Evo, TC and M8 selectable and ofcourse the cam DB too.

OR someone post the calculations for ccp AND dynamic compression. Ive built a spread sheet for this but cant find these two calcs which ofcourse are the important ones.

You cannot calculate dynamic compression in a spreadsheet. You need to know what the volumetric efficiency is.

donk_316

Well I found the calculations and I guess I have divided by zero and now the universe will end as I have calculated CCP and dynamic compression ratio which closely mirror the results from the BigBoyz calculator.

Oddly enough... The only VE number that will mirror the BigBoyz calculator is a VE of 142.5% !! Woah shes a breather! haha!

I used variations on the BB page and on my spreadsheet and they are + / - 5psi depending on what altitude im calculating at.

Close enough for the 100s of visits to the BB Calc website. It would be crazy easy to input M8 variables.
2017 FXSE w/117"

Admiral Akbar

Garbage in, Garbage out.  Where does BB calculate Dynamic Compression?

turboprop

Quote from: Admiral Akbar on March 06, 2019, 08:55:50 AM
Garbage in, Garbage out.  Where does BB calculate Dynamic Compression?

It doesn't.

donk_316

Maybe I'm not understand what you guys are saying?
Maybe it's a terminology issue and we are using different words for the same thing?

Here's a screenshot where the BB calculator is showing static and corrected compression with ccp.

Are you saying these numbers are highly innacurate and mislabeled?

My calcs are based off of equations I found that gave me similar numbers to the screenshot.
2017 FXSE w/117"

turboprop

Quote from: donk_316 on March 06, 2019, 12:46:48 PM
Maybe I'm not understand what you guys are saying?
Maybe it's a terminology issue and we are using different words for the same thing?

Here's a screenshot where the BB calculator is showing static and corrected compression with ccp.

Are you saying these numbers are highly innacurate and mislabeled?

My calcs are based off of equations I found that gave me similar numbers to the screenshot.

Dynamic compression is just that, it varies with the RPM of the engine. The BB calculator proves a mathematical correction to the static compression based solely on the closing point of the intake. Not dynamic, more like corrected.

Do a google search of corrected vs static compression. Lots of credible information available on this subject.

donk_316

Hey thanks for that. I was mixing up terminology then.
2017 FXSE w/117"

Hillside Motorcycle

Craig Walters Accelerator Program(s) allows the manual input of any cam config.
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"