April 25, 2024, 06:27:37 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Milwaukee 8 compensator destroyed

Started by MakoHD, March 06, 2019, 04:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billy

Quote from: MakoHD on March 08, 2019, 03:33:58 PM
bad ass! enjoy that beast! would you know what gear was that done in?

No. That's all the info that was provided. He took the bike to my recommended tuner, but unfortunately his dyno is down, so he took it to another "tuner" whom I warned him against but he went there anyway as there isn't many to choose from around these parts.
Lazyness is the Mother of Invention

Coyote

Quote from: Billy on March 08, 2019, 03:41:57 PM
Quote from: Coyote on March 08, 2019, 03:36:04 PM
Don't think there's any question about the tune.   :down:

You think the comp was skipping during the tune?

Not sure what was going on but it should have been a red flag to stop and look.

rbabos

It can't skip if the cam is in one piece but most likely hammered hard from a low rpm high load to wfo.
Ron

MakoHD

negative ghost rider! if that would of been the case your crank would of been demolished. make sure you pull out the rotor to clean all the metal that went back there.
when you get a chance take the bike to another tuner, because your graph looks weird lol BUT if the bike feels good tell he dyno queens to take it to the street.

Billy

Quote from: Coyote on March 08, 2019, 03:48:41 PM

Not sure what was going on but it should have been a red flag to stop and look.

Exactly!

MakoHD

Also many tuners do pulls on different gears for final result. you always want to know what gear was your final pull done on so when you compare to other people dyno runs you're comparing apples to apples. there's an accurate 7% power increase from 4th to 5th and from 5th to 6th.   

Billy

Quote from: rbabos on March 08, 2019, 03:49:46 PM

It can't skip if the cam is in one piece but most likely hammered hard from a low rpm high load to wfo.
Ron

The sliding cam was in three pieces when it came to me. I could turn the clutch by hand and of course the crank wasn't turning.

Billy

Quote from: MakoHD on March 08, 2019, 03:51:03 PM
negative ghost rider! if that would of been the case your crank would of been demolished. make sure you pull out the rotor to clean all the metal that went back there.
when you get a chance take the bike to another tuner, because your graph looks weird lol BUT if the bike feels good tell he dyno queens to take it to the street.

Weird for sure. I believe the sliding cam was compromised during the dyno session causing the peaks and valleys in the graph, as well as the low HP.

I will definitely clean out all the swarf behind the rotor and all the primary components.

John D

How you measure sprocketshaft is very important in determining amount of run-out your compensator is having to deal with, if you only measure run-out by skipping over top of splines and with a ground spacer you may not be getting the full picture?