March 28, 2024, 02:21:31 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Baker Hydraulic Side Cover for 2017 later M8 Touring Models

Started by hdrider, March 26, 2019, 07:49:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hdrider

Has anyone installed this cover?  It not only makes your hydraulic clutch adjustable, but according to them, also cures the fluid transfer problem.  When I asked them about this solving the transfer problem on a 2019 Road King, they responded:

"Dennis,

We have had great luck with the elimination of the fluid transfer problem that has been an issue with the M8 bikes. The kit comes with all the parts necessary to fix your issues.

Thank you

Jeff"

The URL for the kit is:

https://bakerdrivetrain.com/products/hydraulic-side-cover?variant=12259000844366

Kind of pricey -- anyone try it?

Buglet

Put one on still got to put some miles on to see if it stop the oil transfer, and I hate to say this but I think the Chinese would of done a better job on the cover. Had a hard time stopping the banjo bolt from leaking, it look like when they polish around the hole it ended up not square.  I have to say the clutch seems to work a lot better. Got rid one the clunk in first gear 99% of the time and finding neutral it no problem.

Nastytls

They offer any reason why it is $175 more than pre-M8 models?

Harley Pilot

It woul be nice to see the transmission side of the baker cover.

Heinz

I just ordered and installed a baker hydraulic side cover for my twin cam. I thought the fit and finish was top quality and I have no leaking at all at the hydraulic connection.

RoadGlideRob

Does anyone know if it works with the AIM light force slave?

Buglet

No, the slave is part of the cover and I would say the pull is about 5% harder then stock. Being the customer has some miles on it he says the bike shifts 100% better and no more clunk going in gear, no more feedback to the clutch lever when shifting.

SoZo

I have the Baker M8 side cover...

Zero fluid transfer...

John