March 28, 2024, 02:28:44 PM

News:

Power Vision tune

Started by Lone Ranger, February 08, 2019, 10:13:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lone Ranger

February 08, 2019, 10:13:21 AM Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 03:15:40 PM by Lone Ranger
In some years there were two different, incompatible ECM's on the same model bike. The bike could have either style ECM. The software levels between the two are NOT compatible, and thus a tune created for one is not going to work on the other. Once the Power Vision is married to the bike, it will look at the ECM, and offer the correct type of tune in the pre-configured tune database. Can I just replace the one that I had to download to the Power Vision that doesn't work with another new one in that slot, or can I delete or remove it?

KE5RBD

If you have a stage 1 or stock improved map, then this will likely work.  If cams or other major differences, probably going to have issues.  I have seen this several times with the 02 to 05 models.  You have 105 or 127 strategy. On 06 you can have 127 and 141.   You may need to get your supplier to send you the other and put it on.  All you need is computer with the Win/PV software and you can load an emailed tune and install it on bike.  Not too difficult to do.
2019 FLHTK Hammock Seat S&S MK 45 Slip ons Street Tuner.

Lone Ranger

Right, actually they emailed me both since the bike could take either. I downloaded them both to my Power Vision with Win PV. When I hook Power Vision back up to bike the tune with the letter "a" in it the ecm on the bike won't take so I flashed the other correct one and bike runs fine. I would like to remove the other tune that my ecm won't take because it's just taking up a slot unnecessarily. I know I can overwrite it with another tune I was curious if there's a way to just remove it.

Buglet

You can delete it from your Power Vision with Win PV

Lone Ranger

Cool, so hook up Power Vision to computer, where on Win PV can I delete the tune in that slot?

rigidthumper

Hook PV to laptop, open PV software, click on "Get Tune", select desired slot, then click on "Delete".
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Lone Ranger

Thank you everyone, I appreciate the help.

chas

Hi- I recently purchased a power vision unit,and was wondering if there was a good manual on how to really use it? It comes with a quick start guide but doesnt really explain the process- Thanks in advance- Chas

HV

If you go on Youtube and look for Power Vision Vids you will find a bunch of good instructions...Made by Dynojet
HV HTT Admin ..Ride Safe ...But Ride informed with HTT !!
Skype HV.HTT

Lone Ranger

You can also just go to dynojet.com they have several videos there under "support" tab.

Jamie Long

We have a fairly extensive knowledge base of technical info for Power Vision users on our FM University site https://university.fuelmotousa.com/