April 19, 2024, 12:31:07 PM

News:

doesnt shift

Started by neilc, August 09, 2016, 01:32:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neilc

Getting ready to start pulling engine covers on my 70xclh ,can't drain oil because drain plug has been covered up with a half ass patch,anyway figure oil will drain out when I pull covers on both sides,shifter does nothing and has a lot of play in casing,will need some help as I go along,also vent tuber has been hooped closed so oil comes out the speedo cable when the bike is running

Panzer

What block head had that bike?
Hope you got it for a real low price.
Keep us posted on the fixes and any help you need.
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

neilc

Paid 1100 for it,top end seems too run ok lower end is a disaster,1st pull off engine cover , fix shift issue,fix speedo cable outlet,drill and tap out breather vent pipe they sealed up,then over to clutch side pull covers ,inspect clutch and fix were they cemented over oil drain plug

neilc

Pulled right side cover,metal shims from gears shredded,speedo cable missing parts,vent threaded hole sealed up,have to get new shims ,clean up install gears and shims,find speedo gear drill out vent hole and tap

neilc

Their's a lot of side to side play in the shifter shaft but also noticed the clutch is way out adjustment,no play at all at hand lever,GO PATRIOTS