March 28, 2024, 03:07:38 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

More '78 photos

Started by drifter, September 21, 2016, 11:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drifter

The S&S B carb sure is a knee knocker, I switched back to the normal a/c, still sticks out but no sharp edge like the velocity stack.

garyajaz

very nice set up.
I like the steering dampener. nice double disc.
I do see one major problem.
it shifts on the wrong side...lol

Panzer

Bike looks nice.......good find.  :up:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

drifter

Thanks, it is an interesting puzzle.  I'm trying to keep my hands off it until I get my farm tractor running again, the riding mower axle welded, the Pan put together and a dozen other things that are in line before it, but it draws me to it with that whispered "come hither".  Tonight I found where a bar with two foot pegs goes, it is the rear set cafe racer foot peg unit, so I called the seller and asked them to hold it for me.  I was over there yesterday and Brian was trying to sell it to me (along with everything else in the place) but we didn't know what it was.

tmwmoose

whats the round cylinder front bottom of the frame?

drifter

tmwmoose, it is plumbed with the engine vent hose going in and two vent hoses going up to the top of the frame.  I think, and I'm sure some of the guys that ran the quarter mile can correct me, it collects any oil mist and contains it until you drain it out later.  Keeps the track clean of oil contamination.  Most of this stuff I didn't know anything about two weeks ago, quick learning curve if I haven't figured wrong.