March 28, 2024, 03:15:42 AM

News:

74 FLH passenger pegs

Started by NKBull, February 23, 2019, 02:02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NKBull

My scoot is a 1974 FLH with a pogo seat. I'm looking at purchasing a a 2 up seat. There are no passenger pegs and I see no mounting points on the frame for passenger pegs. Anyone have a pic on how their pegs are mounted. When I purchased the scoot the frame was repowder coated so I can't tell if they were shaved off by the previous owner, or if there are clamps that mount to the fame to add the pegs.

david lee

should be mounting brackets welded to the rear frame down tubes

Speeding Big Twin

Passenger pegs for a 1974 FL/FLH do not mount to the frame. Page 151 below is from my 1941-84 H-D FL/FLH catalog.

Left footpeg support (25) attaches to a lug on the chain inspection cover on the outer primary.

R-H footpeg support (26) attaches to a similar lug incorporated into a plate that bolts to the trans side cover. However, there may also be a third mounting hole in the plate even though the catalog only shows two holes. If so then the third hole may line up with an upright tab welded to the frame.

My first H-D was a used 1974 E-Glide that I bought in April 1976 but I only had it about two years.
Eric

72fl

my 72 mounted by the transmission and there was adapter for oval primary chain inspection cover, hard to see, blow them up and you can see them

NKBull

That's it!!!! Perfect. Thanks. Now on a parts hunt!!

david lee

was this set up for all model flh-s

72fl

Mine was actually a FLH, I just sold this set a month ago to a guy that was restoring his. But yes they mount to the Transmission on right side and then you mount left side on oval inspection cover that has a Splined adapter on it. Here is a better photo of what they actually look like

Speeding Big Twin

Quote from: david lee on February 24, 2019, 01:52:56 PM
was this set up for all model flh-s

As per page 151 that I posted above, a certain passenger peg set-up was used for FL/FLH for 1965-1976. And the same set-up may also have been used for some early-77s (?), again judging by page 151. But I think most 77 FL/FLH had the next style (also shown on page 151), using the adjustable aluminium brackets (index numbers 22 and 24) because the 77 model frames were the first to have a two-hole block welded to the back of the lower rear forgings.
Eric 

72fl

Again mine was a 72 and this is what was on it. I have seen the Thick aluminum brackets on some also, they were newer than mine

Wildman510

Mines a 74 and did not have the tabs for the passenger pegs the 77's and later had.  My original ones went on the inspection cover and right behind the oil pump.  My wifes short legs couldn't reach so I made a set of clamp on brackets to put them were the later years were mounted.  If you want pictures let me know.

billbuilds

These were the ones that were on my 73 FLH. Bill

NKBull

Thanks Bill. That is the problem with my lady. She is only 5'2" and would not be able to reach. I drilled the tab on the right side and added a peg. Working on the other side. Need to make a bracket. I appreciate the input

billbuilds

:up:  Sure thing, Bull.  Bill