March 28, 2024, 08:18:11 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

8.05 @ 169 mph no bar street tire

Started by John/1, January 27, 2019, 08:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohio HD

WOW! That's one clean launch he makes. Impressive.

kd

Awesome feat.  The top time was on his second pass and he did take the day.

http://www.amraonline.com/Results1018/OS.pdf
KD

prodrag1320

wow,i was at that race with our nitro bike.thats pretty impressive to say the least

Racepres

Watch Stephane Ride.... Smooth as Glass... That is the way to Git er Done.... watch from the tower [or at the line] for awhile and you don't need a timing system to spot the Best times... they are Always... the Smoothest!!!

trex

pwmorris

August 12, 2019, 01:44:54 PM #6 Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 02:18:07 PM by pwmorris
He recently ran a 7.95 at T&T.
First, no bar V Twin on gasoline in the 7's!

Racepres

Quote from: pwmorris on August 12, 2019, 01:44:54 PM

Yea... but I want an Official Record for Stephane... Makes a Big Difference really....
Did I mention I really like that guy...

pwmorris

Quote from: Racepres on August 12, 2019, 02:37:17 PM
Quote from: pwmorris on August 12, 2019, 01:44:54 PM

Yea... but I want an Official Record for Stephane... Makes a Big Difference really....
Did I mention I really like that guy...
No doubt, and backed up to make it official in the books. I did say first at T&T.
Either he, or a couple other guys will do it at the Rock I'm sure!

Racepres

Yes... I'm betting certainly at the rock... unless it gets done at Bowling Green!!!!
I doubt the PA Track has that in it!!! Nice Place... just Not the Rock!!!!!

westcomb

John/1

Racepres

Quote from: John/1 on August 13, 2019, 06:37:24 PM
Well Stephane just went 7.95@169.53

I saw that at face Place... But...a number of people can do that at T&T... dump some Nitro in!!!!
I'm still waiting for the "official" runs... Thanks

Note... I am In no way belittling Stefane's accomplishments... and I'm betting he will prove this is Not a One off,  nor aberration.. Betting he can do this officially!!!!

John/1

I heard first full run out of the trailer bet there many more

Racepres

Quote from: John/1 on August 13, 2019, 07:57:41 PM
I heard first full run out of the trailer bet there many more

LOL... Be very careful there... When I was racing we wasted many runs on T&T only to Not be able to Reproduce the numbers during Competition...
Quit T&T on Race Day...and Qualified much Better!!!!

pwmorris

August 14, 2019, 04:03:10 PM #16 Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 05:44:56 PM by pwmorris
Quote from: Racepres on August 13, 2019, 06:50:50 PM

I saw that at face Place... But...a number of people can do that at T&T... dump some Nitro in!!!!

Note... I am In no way belittling Stefane's accomplishments... and I'm betting he will prove this is Not a One off,  nor aberration.. Betting he can do this officially!!!!
Does AMRA have racers "pee in the cup?" In staging lanes before a pass in ALL pro classes?
Meaning, for those who don't know, fuel sample must be given in pro classes (then tested to meet spec).
Also, I understand new rules in Outlaw, riders must have electronics (wheelie control, tire sensor to limit spin, etc) disconnected on 74" bikes-
70" bikes full electronics OK-
I have heard it's on the "honor system" but not sure.
When I ran AHDRA then were very strict. Checked tire depth with gauge (had my rear tire checked in Phoenix, tech said it failed-less than 2/32", and had to run around the pits looking for a spare or they wouldn't me make a pass)
Mandatory line up at scales after pass to weigh bikes, full inspection in staging lanes (including pee in the cup), checking for oil drips, etc.
Also, some guys challenged another guys bike, and tear downs were performed.
Checking for CI limit, illegal parts etc. Saw a 124" Challenge bike (was supposed to be all S&S internals)-nope-busted.
Also saw an illegal VROD torn down (VROD class also had bikes do mandatory dyno pulls to get HP # before qualifying, then sealed the engines so no monkey business-Spec class....
One other guy was said to be running hidden nitrous line, but never was proven to be true as far as I knew.
I also heard about someone who, after a pass, is said to have had someone at turn around before the scales hand him a weight belt to add to his leathers to make min weight for his cubes.
And the funniest one, a frozen pill "power adder" dropped into the tank. Takes a while to dissolve into the fuel system so when they pull fuel from a carb line, that's clean. Bike is started, warms up, slowly dissolving, and works into legal fuel in tank. Also similar, an octane boosting paste placed up in tank. In staging lanes....clean. As bike moves and gas splashes around, boosted gas mixes with other tank gas....

BTW, I think his pass was totally legit. Local, NHRA sanctioned track.
He looks like he picked up a little on first 1/8, and that was all he needed after running an 8.0 official record legal pass a few months ago, to now dip in the 7's in this T&T.
Money.

Racepres

Quote from: pwmorris on August 14, 2019, 04:03:10 PM

Does AMRA have racers "pee in the cup?" In staging lanes before a pass in ALL pro classes?
Meaning, for those who don't know, fuel sample must be given in pro classes (then tested to meet spec).
Also, I understand new rules in Outlaw, riders must have electronics (wheelie control, tire sensor to limit spin, etc) disconnected on 74" bikes-
When I ran AHDRA then were very strict. Checked tire depth with gauge (had my rear tire checked in Phoenix, tech said it failed-less than 2/32", and had to run around the pits looking for a spare or they wouldn't me make a pass)
Mandatory line up at scales after pass to weigh bikes, full inspection in staging lanes (including pee in the cup), checking for oil drips, etc.
Checking for CI limit, illegal parts etc. Saw a 124" Challenge bike (was supposed to be all S&S internals)-nope-busted.
Also saw an illegal VROD torn down (VROD class also had bikes do mandatory dyno pulls to get HP # before qualifying, then sealed the engines so no monkey business-Spec class....
One other guy was said to be running hidden nitrous line, but never was proven to be true as far as I knew.
I also heard about someone who, after a pass, is said to have had someone at turn around before the scales hand him a weight belt to add to his leathers to make min weight for his cubes.
And the funniest one, a frozen pill "power adder" dropped into the tank. Takes a while to dissolve into the fuel system so when they pull fuel from a carb line, that's clean. Bike is started, warms up, slowly dissolving, and works into legal fuel in tank. Also similar, an octane boosting paste placed up in tank. In staging lanes....clean. As bike moves and gas splashes around, boosted gas mixes with other tank gas....

He looks like he picked up a little on first 1/8, and that was all he needed after running an 8.0 official record legal pass a few months ago, to now dip in the 7's in this T&T.
Money.

First...and foremost... I believe the pass Stephane made is certainly legit... one more time... Watch this guy ride... Smooth as a Baby's Ass...
As for Fuel Checks... Honor System is BS... Surprise is good... and a fuel Check before a pass is useless... check is done after the pass...
The AHDRA is gone for a reason... Nuff said...

Now... I am secretly Rooting for Stefane to Back all this up at the PA event... Put it to Bed!!!!!
That means he is on board to better the Number both at Bowling Green, then again at The Rock...
He won the Championship last year... with Records!!!!!
You will be hard pressed to find a Harder Working Guy... and if ya do... I'm betting he will Not be as Likeable!!!!

Barrett

Are there many Harleys that can line up beside him and give him a good run?
Getting into the 7's is impressive.

Racepres

Quote from: Barrett on August 15, 2019, 07:29:41 AM
Are there many Harleys that can line up beside him and give him a good run?
Getting into the 7's is impressive.
Many???? No... 3 or 4 others come to mind... more than 3 have MPH on him... so in theory should have the horsepower to best him... Somebody has to Out Ride him tho... I do Not see anyone that is nearly as Smooth...and therefor... gonna take an incredible horsepower advantage to get there!!!

Racepres

welp... Tim Grindle smoothed out his style, and popped a 7!!! Backed it up also... Congrats Tim!!!!!!

1workinman

Quote from: pwmorris on August 14, 2019, 04:03:10 PM

Money.
Damn I had no idea years ago I head of a rumor that one team in pro stock had used nitrous system in the oil pan many years ago but no idea if it was true . All I know to do is keep the engine cool and use that to help with detonation