Baker Soft tail Belt Drive Question.

Started by Thumper 51, July 03, 2015, 06:43:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thumper 51

I have a 95 Soft tail with a 127 Cubic inch engine. Bought the Baker Soft Tail prim belt drive nice set up except for the one problem I have worked with for ever on. The starter Jack Shaft wont engage the teeth on the Clutch basket iave had my selling dealer order a replacement spring and installed it according to info. On a BDL with there machined cover a Spike drive has always fixed this , since the Baker is running a chrome décor cap theres no way to keep the jack shaft straight.

Have considered machining a new cap with bushing like BDL however out of all the Baker parts I have bought this is the first issue I have had. Have tried Stock HD 1.4 starter, and now have a All Ballz 2.0 in it no change. Running a Interstate Glass Matt new style battery and have just run out of ideas .

Again two trannys a 0d6 and od7, and a Torque box and RDS on other bikes this is this first time I have ran into such a frustrating issue. Any help would be greatful.
Fred
"Speed Cost Money How Fast to you want to go"

Mark P

Thumper, I ran into this a couple weeks ago with another customer. Give me a call when you get a chance.

Thanks

Mark

517-339-3835