March 28, 2024, 04:45:39 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

S&S Grand National Slip On's ???

Started by sandrooney, October 04, 2018, 04:55:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandrooney

Anybody got a video of these on an 18 or 19 softail other than a Fat Bob? I searched and only found one and it was very short and was just idling.
Patience is such a waste of time .

Hossamania

I find it very hard to judge real world exhaust sound on a video recording played back on YouTube or any internet host over computer or phone speakers. Microphones used to record them, usually a phone, are overwhelmed, and the speakers are not really very good.
The best way, of course, is to hear them live.
Unless professionally recorded, and played back on a quality system or headphones, the sound just isn't that good.
Not the answer you were looking for, sorry to hijack.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take away everything you have.

Slider1950

Quote from: sandrooney on October 04, 2018, 04:55:45 AM
Anybody got a video of these on an 18 or 19 softail other than a Fat Bob? I searched and only found one and it was very short and was just idling.
. Today I heard the SS Grand Nationals on a 2019 lowrider and without the DB reducer they were just a little bit too loud for me I think they would be just about perfect with the DB reducer installed

Durwood

Quote from: Slider1950 on June 12, 2019, 08:18:44 PM
Quote from: sandrooney on October 04, 2018, 04:55:45 AM
. Today I heard the SS Grand Nationals on a 2019 lowrider and without the DB reducer they were just a little bit too loud for me I think they would be just about perfect with the DB reducer installed
The DB reducer is a must to retain low end torque. I have seen 10+ ft# lost when removing them.

03wglide

The S&S site has audio clips, at least for the touring. I'm happy with them on my '18 RGS, db reducer out.