March 28, 2024, 04:15:52 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Upgrades and PM

Started by IronButt70, February 18, 2019, 12:31:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IronButt70

Quote from: rigidthumper on April 27, 2019, 06:21:33 AM
I'd do at least three to 5 narrow band ( basic) sessions, using the compare function to see the difference between each session.
Will do thanks. I have a line on some wide band sensors. Would they be worth the expense?
No one else put you on the road you're on. It's your own asphalt.

IronButt70

Quote from: lucasg on April 27, 2019, 07:52:08 AM
Ironbutt:  glad you're on way to getting the bike to rocknroll...3 months is a long time to wait.  Sorry to hear about the issues you had with the dealer, completely unacceptable as you said.  Sad to say but many dealers are all about $$ and numbers .  Send them out the door as fast as we can take there cash...unfortunate but true in many cases.
Thanks. I found even more damage after I gave the bike a thorough inspection. They also ended replacingmm my primary cover and my custom hand painted ceramic derby cover.

rigidthumper

Quote from: IronButt70 on April 27, 2019, 06:12:06 PM
I'd do at least three to 5 narrow band ( basic) sessions, using the compare function to see the difference between each session.
Will do thanks. I have a line on some wide band sensors. Would they be worth the expense?
Need more than just the wide bands- gotta have some way to incorporate the data into the map- use Twin Scan WEGO and wide bands, and manually enter the changes in the map, or buy/use the Autotune Pro kit from DJ.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

IronButt70

Quote from: rigidthumper on April 28, 2019, 06:17:28 AM
Quote from: IronButt70 on April 27, 2019, 06:12:06 PM
Need more than just the wide bands- gotta have some way to incorporate the data into the map- use Twin Scan WEGO and wide bands, and manually enter the changes in the map, or buy/use the Autotune Pro kit from DJ.
Just going to use what I have. Thanks

IronButt70

Now have a few k miles on the cam swap and have done 3 auto tune runs. Love the way the bike runs and the extra pull down low but have noticed a 3-4 MPG drop in fuel mileage. Is that normal or will a professional tune help make that better? TIA

rigidthumper

May just be you're enjoying the ride more ( with a corresponding usage of the loud handle) :)
Post the current map in the bike so we can check for anomalies?

IronButt70

Quote from: rigidthumper on May 14, 2019, 08:14:45 AM
May just be you're enjoying the ride more ( with a corresponding usage of the loud handle) :)
Post the current map in the bike so we can check for anomalies?
I like to think I'm pretty computer literate but have not been able to figure out how to get the tune I'm using from the PV to post here.  :scratch:

rigidthumper

Open PV software in PC/laptop. Hook everything PV up to bike/PC, turn bike on, run/stop in run position, click on "Get Tune".  Once downloaded, "Save as", select location and name for the file.
Open HTT, find this post, select "reply".
Write a sentence such as "Here is my current map"
Click on preview. Click on "Attachments and other options"
Click on "Choose file" under "Attach"
Click on the down arrow on the lower right hand side of the box marked "file name". The top choice should be your newly saved file. Select it by clicking on "open" lower right.
Click post. File should be attached as follows:

IronButt70

So I have to have the PV connected to a pc/laptop and the bike at the same time? No way for me to do that ATM. PC in office, bike in garage and no laptop. Have to see if I can borrow a laptop.

IronButt70

Figured it out. Here's the current map. And FWIW I don't think I've really been on the throttle enough to drop the mileage by 10%.

rigidthumper

To address the milage, I leaned out the Lambda table, and changed the timing slightly. You'll have to run autotune again to see if it helps.
Usual disclaimers apply- YMMV, use at your own risk, may cause leakage, etc...

IronButt70

Quote from: rigidthumper on May 16, 2019, 07:15:27 AM
To address the milage, I leaned out the Lambda table, and changed the timing slightly. You'll have to run autotune again to see if it helps.
Thanks. I'll give it a whirl. Don't want to have the engine run leaner/hotter just to save a few MPG. Was cause leakage a funny?  Nice thing about this motor after 41k miles is it doesn't leak a drop of oil.

rigidthumper

I hear all these side effects from meds on TV, and leakage was one of them 😳😁

IronButt70

May 17, 2019, 11:44:18 AM #63 Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 12:00:31 PM by IronButt70
Quote from: rigidthumper on May 16, 2019, 07:15:27 AM
Went for a 100 mile ride on your map. Absolutely perfect day for it. 30-35 miles at 70-75MPH and the rest at 55-60MPH. Bike ran great and averaged 46.6 MPG. Only thing noticeable was some occasional pop during deceleration/engine braking. Not enough to worry about. Am going to run an auto tune session later this week on your map. Was going to ride the same 100 mile loop. Is that to long of a ride for an auto tune log? TIA.

rigidthumper

I tell guys to combine neighborhood riding( lots of lower speed stop n go) with highway riding at sustained speeds to get as much closed loop data as possible.