April 19, 2024, 02:55:15 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

New Bassani for High power Dyna and FXR

Started by Good_Apollo, November 06, 2017, 08:11:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

harleytuner

Looks like my customer is going with the Road Rage III (Stainless).

turboprop

Quote from: GMR-PERFORMANCE on December 04, 2017, 01:39:01 PM
Quote from: turboprop on December 02, 2017, 10:40:08 AM
Quote from: harleytuner on December 01, 2017, 06:59:27 PM
I'm doing a,124 build in a FXR right now, it's   between this pipe and a Sawicki.  I'm pushing him to go this one.

The wait for a Sawicki pipe can be lengthy. Have a close friend that paid in full two years ago, still hasn't received his pipe. Every couple of month he will enquire and Tyler will tell him one more month. Tyler burned me as well, but as bad. Within the FXR community, Tyler does not have a good rep. The fact that bigger name builders are able to get his pipes for their show bikes is telling. It appears not all pigs are equal with Tyler.

The Bassani pipe was developed with my friend's (David B) TC124 equipped FXR. He said there were at least ten prototypes made with different specs. The final design should work very well on most 124" engines.

FWIW, Darryl Bassani is currently building a FXR/124" for himself.

well there are people that build other pipes .. Even right here in little ole TX   :wink: You know who I am talking about

I do and I really like him both as a person and as a welder. I hope you are doing your best to teach, coach and mentor him on the design/performance aspect.
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

Nastytls

I'm doing a,124 build in a FXR right now, it's   between this pipe and a Sawicki.  I'm pushing him to go this one.

The wait for a Sawicki pipe can be lengthy. Have a close friend that paid in full two years ago, still hasn't received his pipe. Every couple of month he will enquire and Tyler will tell him one more month. Tyler burned me as well, but as bad. Within the FXR community, Tyler does not have a good rep. The fact that bigger name builders are able to get his pipes for their show bikes is telling. It appears not all pigs are equal with Tyler.

The Bassani pipe was developed with my friend's (David B) TC124 equipped FXR. He said there were at least ten prototypes made with different specs. The final design should work very well on most 124" engines.

well there are people that build other pipes .. Even right here in little ole TX   :wink: You know who I am talking about

Is this someone that builds custom performance pipes? Do they have a website you could share?

HD/Wrench

Quote from: turboprop on December 04, 2017, 05:34:07 PM

I do and I really like him both as a person and as a welder. I hope you are doing your best to teach, coach and mentor him on the design/performance aspect.

I show him what they make for power and explain what is should have been. The last one was a EVO pipe  killer work tons of pie cuts but it failed to pull the HP number Tq curve was good but rather odd.. Hard to say what went wrong really I gave him a few ideas on what to try .. Seemed too small in my opinion , but it did tune well and thats a plus. I cannot say that for all the pipes I ahve tuned a  Sawicki and it tuned ok fit like  "Potty mouth" , did not make any more power than a off the shelf pipe.. Really fit poorly . End cap holes not machined properly once you installed it no way to get the billet cap out.. I had to re drill holes , as well the bracket for lower mounting would not line up.. I sent him video of it he got back to me once but nothing after that .. Just blew me off .   As for custom pipes i have a 143 here that we are altering ..  It would be a great chance for him to look at what we have what it makes and see if he can improve upon that .. Not a huge seller but then agan D&D is the only mass produces pipe right now  HPI does not have the bagger pipe done at this point and not sure they will ...  Been waiting takes time for sure .

HD/Wrench

turboprop

92flhtcu

Anyone on here have experience with Two Brothers racing's Comp-S for the FXR's?
Need a bigger garage

HD/Wrench

Quote from: 92flhtcu on December 08, 2017, 06:05:24 AM

no steps no merge ..  on a 110 drop on kit it made less than just about any other combo I have done .

turboprop

You mean the one with the collector located in front of the mid control?

92flhtcu

Thanks Steve, maybe when they get the Gen-II out fopr the FXR it will be better, the Dyna guys love the Gen-II, but I have not had any experience with it yet

Again, thanks
Need a bigger garage

harleytuner

Quote from: harleytuner on December 04, 2017, 03:20:30 PM

OK that changed, now we are going with the Trask Assualt 2:1.

HD/Wrench

Quote from: turboprop on December 08, 2017, 06:58:24 AM

The bassani with road rage II B1 is not a great pipe either .. The Longer version works much better from what I have tuned

Barrett

Quote from: harleytuner on December 08, 2017, 07:18:21 AM

That pipe looks good but it says it's good to 120HP.
I'll be needing a new system for my 117". I have a ProPipe now.
I like how the RRIII looks. 

harleytuner

Quote from: Barrett on December 08, 2017, 08:46:23 AM
Quote from: harleytuner on December 08, 2017, 07:18:21 AM

That pipe looks good but it says it's good to 120HP.
I'll be needing a new system for my 117". I have a ProPipe now.
I like how the RRIII looks.

Well damn, thanks for pointing that out, I didn't see that claim anywhere.  A little research is in order :emoGroan:

turboprop

Quote from: GMR-PERFORMANCE on December 08, 2017, 07:22:41 AM

The bassani with road rage II B1 is not a great pipe either .. The Longer version works much better from what I have tuned

Bassani recently released a new pipe specifically for 124" TC engines in an FXR frame. A friend of mine in the FXR community volunteered his bike for the fitting and testing and was on site for many of the dyno pulls that were made  with the various designs. I forget the name of the pipe but think it has High Output in its name. I have only seen pics of it in stainless and IMO, it looks very attractive and appears to have have the necessary design features to support a high flowing big block. I should have one here this month and promised Darryl I would give him a dyno sheet showing A-B comparisons between it and my Guppy pipe on the 124" Smack-A-Hoe engine.

Barrett

turboprop

Don D

turboprop

Quote from: HD Street Performance on December 08, 2017, 11:05:39 AM
That is a great looking pipe

Yea, Darryl did this one right. There were a bunch of prototype pipes with different dimensions that were tested not he dyno. I think the people at Feuling were involved. Several of my buddies with big block FXRs already have one of these pipes and have reported that they fit very well. Unfortunately, none of them have any dyno data of any real value (A picture of half the dyno screen is of little to no value IMO).

HD/Wrench

His new S&S for the bagger worked great . Straight muffler not megaphone I was very impressed with that one .

Nastytls

Quote from: turboprop on December 08, 2017, 10:15:00 AM

Bassani recently released a new pipe specifically for 124" TC engines in an FXR frame. A friend of mine in the FXR community volunteered his bike for the fitting and testing and was on site for many of the dyno pulls that were made  with the various designs. I forget the name of the pipe but think it has High Output in its name. I have only seen pics of it in stainless and IMO, it looks very attractive and appears to have have the necessary design features to support a high flowing big block. I should have one here this month and promised Darryl I would give him a dyno sheet showing A-B comparisons between it and my Guppy pipe on the 124" Smack-A-Hoe engine.

Are you unhappy with your Guppy? Do you think it will perform close to your Guppy?

turboprop

Quote from: Nastytls on December 08, 2017, 02:32:32 PM
Quote from: turboprop on December 08, 2017, 10:15:00 AM

Are you unhappy with your Guppy? Do you think it will perform close to your Guppy?

Absolutely not unhappy with my Guppy. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Unfortunately, I have three FXRs, all with 124" engines and only one Guppy pipe.

As for comparisons of the two pipes. Hard to say. The new Bassani pipe is going on a bike that has a very different engine package than the 124" Smack-A-Hoe that the Guppy is on. I plan to do the A-B comparisons eventually on all three engines.

Nastytls

Ahh, I see. Any chance you could post the before and after here?

Too bad Guppies aren't available anymore, it would solve a lot of issues for Dyna riders.

92flhtcu

That Bassani looks pretty sweet, and thats coming from a guy that does not sell that brand
Need a bigger garage

HD/Wrench