April 19, 2024, 12:23:42 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Latest SE comp screw question

Started by billbuilds, May 24, 2018, 01:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hossamania

So it's an auto parts store that doesn't carry auto parts? Seems like a recipe for failure.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

rigidthumper

"You can't sell from an empty wagon"- Eddie Boomhower
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Heinz

On a related note it's highly recommended after taking the comp bolt out that you use a bottoming tap and get all the red Loctite out of the female threads otherwise there's a good chance when you retighten it you're going to get a false torque reading and the bolt isn't going to be properly set to hold the compensator assembly in place where it belongs.

Ohio HD

What is a safer alternative to using a tap in already cut threads is to use a thread chaser. In the event that you don't have one that large, take the old bolt, cut two length wise groves into the threads (complete length of the threads) to make a passage for the junk in the crank threads to build up.

I agree to clean the threads is a must do when using loctite. Buying a thread chaser kit is not very expensive, and they get used a lot working on HD's.

[attach=0]

Hossamania

I think I pull my thread chaser kit out almost every time I work on mine.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.