April 19, 2024, 06:02:05 AM

News:

Lack of power

Started by Gsbuick65, January 20, 2019, 08:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoorUB

Quote from: Gsbuick65 on May 23, 2019, 03:54:03 PM
ok i checked the wiring from the map to the ecm, wiggled them around no lose of connection. so i checked the compression, 180 on from 135 on rear, put oil in rear 140, them i forgot to pull the exhaust fuse out, still 135. so is the compression release sticking?

Hard to say.
You could try get a spark plug adapter and hook up an air hose and listen for where the air comes out.  Choices are intake, exhaust, crankcase or compression release. Some will come out the crankcase, but very little. No air should come out the other three places. You will need to get the cylinder on TDC compression and hold it there, tough to do, you might need a helper. Put in in 6th gear and hold the brake.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

dsvracer

if you only have 135 psi in the rear hole i would address this issue first and then move on.  i would think a motor with that low of compression would make the motor run a little lazy. dsv

rigidthumper

Unplug the ACRs  from the harness and re-test the CCP with the throttle open.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

hogmandon

I had a similar problem when I started with EFI on a build I did. Found accelerator pump option on the PC V and turned it on. Problem fixed. If your tuner has an accelerator pump option. Make sure it is  turned on. Gives a little extra squirt when you snap it open like the old carburetor days.

Gsbuick65

Quote from: rigidthumper on May 24, 2019, 07:50:34 AM
ok, did that but didnt block throttle open and had 180psi, it seams to be cranking ok, im gonna put in a new solenoid since its only $40
2011 103 s&s 570s, powervision
Rinehart true duals, southaven Ms.

chaos901

Seeing where you live, I don't know about the Southern Thunder dyno guys, but Bumpus Memphis is good.  Just saying.  Wish I remembered the techs name, but getting old.
"There are only two truly infinite things, the universe and stupidity." AE

rigidthumper

Quote from: Gsbuick65 on May 29, 2019, 09:40:34 AM
Quote from: rigidthumper on May 24, 2019, 07:50:34 AM
ok, did that but didnt block throttle open and had 180psi, it seams to be cranking ok, im gonna put in a new solenoid since its only $40

180# with stock head 103 w/flat tops and S&S 570s is right on the $.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?